Babadan Hotel July 2nd to July 25th 2015

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

Babadan Hotel July 2nd to July 25th 2015

Postby jayjay1950 » 10 Aug 2015 08:03

Everything off to a good start, flying with TC from Birmingham to Dalaman and no problems, flight nice and smooth. The pilot was spot on, not even a bump as we hit the runway. Pity the bags didnt have such a good journey, one came off at Dalaman with the corner all crushed in, they was brand new ones this year as well. Transfer was through ICR shuttle, thanks guys, another no nonsense journey. We arrived at Babadan Hotel, booked through ICR, late at night so only the night watchman there but he was lovely, showed us to our room and served us with a cpl of efes...just to make us sleep mind. The hotel is situated on the main road and we had a front facing room which i did ask for but we found out it was not a very good idea, it was a bit noisy to what we are used to as other years we have been staying in the old town. The pool was a little small but never many in it so worked well for us altho we did get quite a few ants crawling about along the back wall which they ended up having to spray. There was two fights outside the hotel early hours which was a bit off putting but for all that the hotel was spot on and the staff was great. As it is bed and breakfast, the breakfast consisted of eggs or a typical Turkish one but will do you anything else if wanted but have to pay extra.We was never hassled to eat there and was made to feel like one of the family. We met some lovely people who was also on holiday there so hope we meet up with them again. There is free wifi although we couldnt get it in our room, best place was near reception. We ate at several places as we went to visit our Turkish friends which we have made over the years we have been going to Icmeler and not once did we have a bad meal. The best being Wembley,great breakfast and brill salad,Majestic (i love the Chinese food ) The wraps at our hotel was great,best i have tasted and also pier 15 where we had a leg of lamb and it was cooked to perfection. My other half had a steak there another night and he said it was the best he has ever had in his life, great guys to. The best nights for us was in Linekers Bar, sports bar and Friends. We took a day trip to Ephesus, we had done the two day trip last year but liked Ephesus so much wanted to go back and this time an extra bit was open so we got to look round there as well. On the trip last year we went round st Pauls so this year went to virgin Mary, a very tiring but enjoyable day made more enjoyable by our tour guide, what a lovely knowledgeable guy he is. The weather was once again hot hot hot, we had two heatwaves while we was there, much to hot for me but OH loves it. 3 weeks went by in a flash again so b4 we knew it we was packing to come home. We found that with the exchange rate prices was not all that different to last year to be honest. The transfer and flight home was as good as the one going. All in all we got what we wanted a nice relaxing holiday. Next year will be a little different as we have booked to have 2 weeks in Icmeler, three days in Cappadocia and three days in Istanbul so will be traveling a bit more but i cant wait....more on that trip next year. For anyone a bit worried about going to Turkey, one word....Don't...... its safe and the people are as fantastic as always.
jayjay1950

Advertisement

Re: Babadan Hotel July 2nd to July 25th 2015

Postby chezza100 » 10 Aug 2015 11:29

Great review jayjay thank you for sharing.

I've never been for more than 12 days at a time (due to work) but would love a 3 week break - maybe one day 8)
chezza100

Postby blondie » 10 Aug 2015 11:30

Thanks for posting your review - always good to get different opinions of places. I am very jealous of your plans for next year though - Cappadocia is most definitely on my "to do" list and I absolutely love Istanbul and can't wait to go back again!
blondie

Postby jayjay1950 » 10 Aug 2015 16:36

Both Cappadocia and Istanbul will be a first for us so we are looking forward to it. OH says while in Cappadocia we have to do the balloon ride but we will see. We now have everything booked and all air fares paid,and apartment in Icmeler paid through ICR, just a transfer from Dalaman to our apartments and back to organise, which i am sure ICR will sort for us. Roll on next year
jayjay1950

Postby JT » 11 Aug 2015 13:50

Cappadocia is a beautiful place but them balloons have a habit of dropping from the sky so something I would not do
JT
Admin
Admin

Postby jayjay1950 » 12 Aug 2015 18:56

JT wrote:Cappadocia is a beautiful place but them balloons have a habit of dropping from the sky so something I would not do

Oh JT i was worried about doing it in the first place and now more so with your comment.....i keep getting told its a once in a lifetime thing and i should go for it and just think about them lovely pics i would get from up there.....(gulp)
jayjay1950

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews