Kent Hotel 18/07/2015 - 30/07/2015 rather long

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

Kent Hotel 18/07/2015 - 30/07/2015 rather long

Postby masa69 » 09 Aug 2015 15:57

Sorry for taking a while to leave a review, guess its post holiday blues together with returning to work :cry: . I apologise if the review is long

There seems to be mixed reviews regarding the Kent Hotel, some of which make me wonder if I stayed in the same hotel however I understand different people have different expectations and are entitled to their own comments . Personally I compare what I paid (£20ish/night for 2 people B&B) against what the accommodation was like. Below you will find my honest review of the Kent Hotel.

Travelled as a couple from Manchester on early morning flight with Monarch, arrived at Dalaman around 13:00. We had pre-booked a shuttle transfer with ICR, this was upgraded by myself approx. a week before departure due to us wanting to arrive at our hotel in the shortest time possible.
We were met outside the airport by our driver who assisted with our cases The transfer was in a clean & modern taxi/car, the driver stopped and got us both an ice cold bottle of water(very much appreciated). The driver then 'transported us in a swift but safe manner' :D , non stop to Icmeler arriving in 75minutes. We felt the upgrade to a private transfer was worth every penny in time saved travelling.

Arrived at reception and shown straight to our room, Hotel staff spoke very little English but enough to understand each other. Room 409 was very clean, modern décor and balcony overlooking pool. Only minor criticism was initially no fridge in room as promised when booked, this however was rectified the next morning. Air con & safe were opted for at the discounted ICR rates (safe £2/day & A/C £4/day) ,we had initial problems resetting the safes code due to instructions being in Turkish but this was quickly resolved by a member of hotel staff demonstrating how to reset. The only other minor thing was the shower is not fully enclosed (small glass screen) and can lead to the tiled bathroom floor becoming wet & slippery. We never tried the attached Spa facilities, as although we did try to enquire with hotel reception we found it difficult to understand the prices / treatments due the language barrier. This didn't really bother us as we hadn't planned on using the facilities.

The Hotel is located very central and within 2 minutes you could walk to the beach, main square or canal area. Apart from the odd coach dropping off guests to the nearby hotels, we found it to be quiet and relaxing around the pool and at night time we had no concerns with any noise. Opposite the hotel is a supermarket, Travel/trip agent who also hire the electric scooters, a small local takeaway & a small textile shop selling beach towels, etc. Wifi was available free, however the signal was restricted to the hotel reception area and a small area of the bar. We were unable to connect at any time in our room.

Pool area was also very clean, the pool was treated with chemicals every night at 7pm and the pool side area was deep cleaned on several occasions during our stay. There was plenty of sun loungers available and we never had a problem with people reserving sunbeds. Free beach towels are available to loan each day from the bar area.
Breakfast was served 8am-10am and was self service consisting of typical Turkish breakfast - bread, meats, cheeses, eggs, olives ,fruit, jam, etc. Only drinks available were Tea, Coffee & Hot water. Although basic we found it to be tasty and adequate. There is also the option to pay extra for English breakfast (approx £3).
The attached bar 'Studio Bar' served competively priced food & drinks, We often had lunch and drinks poolside, and drinks at the end of the evening. The bar allow guests to set up a tab for the room and ask you to pay at the end of the day, we found this a good idea as although we were never charged for any additional items it makes checking the bill a lot easier than waiting until the end of your stay. We found the bar staff to be very friendly Essa the manager speaks very fluent English and will assist in any way he can, even liaising with the hotel staff when required. Marco (aka Mr Bean) is the typical cheeky barman every Turkish bar has, some people seem to have taken offence to him asking if you wanted drinks etc, . but we had no concerns with him, a polite no thanks was sufficient. Ozzy tended to work behind the bar a lot, he spoke quite good English and was also happy and cheerful. As a trio the three bar staff work very well together.
We spent our stay with a mixture of quiet days around the pool (not beach lovers), boat trips (Akayaka & Selimiye) and visiting Marmaris & Turunc. We ate out every night at different places ranging from Lighthouse to Nefis pide, all of which were very enjoyable and good value.

Personal thanks go to Michelle & Elaine in the office for providing advice on trips and the use of the office A/C to escape the daytime heat :lol: And JT for initially suggesting the hotel during our booking.

To summarise for us ;
+ POSITIVES
Central location, Clean & modern, Relaxing pool area, Friendly bar staff, Very good value for money, Private transfers, Friendly ICR staff in resort

- SUGGESTIONS TO IMPROVE GUESTS STAY
Fridge in every room, Cold juice at breakfast time, Improve Wifi signal, Either fluent speaking English hotel staff or a welcome pack in hotel room

We have already booked for the daughter to return to the Kent with her boyfriend in September and we are looking to return in October pending flights, and next summer.
masa69
New User
New User

Advertisement

Re: Kent Hotel 18/07/2015 - 30/07/2015 rather long

Postby smc4761 » 10 Aug 2015 16:43

Great honest review,Thanks for taking the time to post
smc4761

Postby blondie » 10 Aug 2015 17:19

Great review - very informative, thank you for sharing your experience with us all
blondie

Postby dksbbs » 11 Aug 2015 12:13

Great review, we are looking at this hotel for a quick week in June next year and I think you have swung us towards the Kent.

Dave
dksbbs

Postby stevew » 11 Aug 2015 16:38

Great review. . Stayed at the Kent a couple of weeks before you. .There was a couple of issues, but nothing serious and we would return, as it's in a great position, good refurb and clean. .
Thanks Steve
stevew

Postby chezza100 » 11 Aug 2015 16:43

Thanks for your review.

I suppose people want perfection from their 2 weeks away and if it doesn't happen like that it will trigger poor reviews which is a shame if they aren't necessarily accurate.
chezza100

Advertisement

Postby nimic » 12 Aug 2015 08:39

Thanks for a very informative review.What did you have to do to get a discount on safe, A/C? I booked with John also, so would I be entitled?
nimic
New User
New User

Postby masa69 » 12 Aug 2015 15:14

As far as I am aware anyone booking via ICR automatically receives the discounted rates. Not sure about bookings for 2016 though.
masa69
New User
New User

Postby sunlover loch lomond » 12 Aug 2015 19:33

Thank you Masa69 for writing a very detailed and informative review which I am sure will be of great benefit to many and particularly those holiday in the Kent.
sunlover loch lomond

Postby JT » 13 Aug 2015 07:33

Just to let you all know that ICR have the sole UK rights for the Kent hotel for 2016 so even though we may sell it to our other agents in the UK, you would actually be getting it cheaper if booked direct from us
JT
Admin
Admin

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews