Icmeler Pt2 2015 - 1st to 10th July

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

Icmeler Pt2 2015 - 1st to 10th July

Postby chezza100 » 17 Jul 2015 15:01

Outbound flight with Thomas Cook, on time & only 2 spare seats. Still not sure whether I like East Midlands airport but was convenient for my dates.
I was in row 12 & they ran out of Gordon’s gin before the duty free trolley got to me – not a complete disaster just a bit surprised.
Huge queue at Dalaman passport control, to be expected when 4 flights all arrive within 10 minutes of each other, waited about 50 minutes – on the plus side my case was waiting for me & so headed straight to the transfer. Transfers area was the busiest I’ve seen it but then I’ve not travelled to Icmeler in July before.
DM Transfers reliable as ever & a pleasant transfer with water included.
Arrived at Siesta Apartments to a small welcome party, some friends had already flown out a few days before & were waiting for me with a G&T – thank you very much 
I’ve stayed at the Siesta Apartments a few times now & I cannot recommend this place enough, the rooms are clean with good facilities and a brilliant location. Stayed for 9 nights this time.
Daytime was spent lazing by the pool or at the beach and a couple of days I strolled to the old village to the Champagne Apartments run by the same family who own the Siesta Apartments. The pool at the Champagne Apartments is amazing with a fantastic slide & lovely gardens.
Restaurants visited: Bonjour, Lighthouse, Champagnes, Cupids, Pier 15, Tandoori Sizzler, Kontes - every meal was beautiful. Although my favourite was the mixed grill from Lighthouse.
Can definitely recommend Sevgi Bar for an awesome night out – especially if you like 60s, 70s, 80s, Motown music & amazing cocktails. The staff are great there too.
My 9 nights whizzed by & before I knew it – home time.
Picked up on time by DM transfers after an emotional farewell – really hate leaving but must go to be able to pay for the next one 
Flight on time, travelled back with Jet2 who I must say seem one of the most organised airlines at the airport for queue management. However their cabin crew operations didn’t seem as slick as other airlines – 1 member of the cabin crew counted the number of people on board 4 times before we took off. Just an observation not a complaint. Flight back was comfortable.
Another fantastic stay in my favourite place and was really pleased to see lots of places improved from what I saw in May – the building work had gone & the place is busier. Business owners I spoke to mentioned they are doing OK which in the current climate has to be a positive.

Thanks again Icmeler & see you October xx
chezza100

Advertisement

Re: Icmeler Pt2 2015 - 1st to 10th July

Postby sunlover loch lomond » 17 Jul 2015 16:56

Thank you Chezza for taking the time to write a very full and informative review. I also use Jet2 and find the service they provide very efficient and reliable. We found the resort quieter than usual in June but could see it getting busier each day and the changes did not in any way alter our views of Icmeler. We are looking forward to our next visit in October.
sunlover loch lomond

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews