Icmeler 2nd - 13th May 2015

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

Icmeler 2nd - 13th May 2015

Postby chezza100 » 15 May 2015 11:56

Left Birmingham on the 07:05 flight on Saturday 2nd May. Flew with TC, flight packed, only 2 seats free which was a surprise so early in the season. Flight was good arrived about 20 minutes early.

Through the airport swiftly and found my transfer, used DM Transfers, requested no stop and arrived into Icmeler just before 3pm.

Initial thoughts when entering the resort 'building site'. Piles of cement and bricks, businesses boarded up. Had this been my first visit I would have been concerned. Continued through the main road and was very pleased to see businesses open arrived at the Siesta apartments to be greeted by friendly faces that I knew.

Weather was a glorious 28 degrees.

Stayed at the Siesta apartments several times, rooms are clean, spacious with a kitchenette, fridge and lots of storage space.

Went out to the Costa supermarket to buy essentials, shame to see their lovely outside fruit stall had been moved inside and was considerably smaller now - a change enforced by the Mayor.

The Champagne Restaurant underneath the Siesta apartment was only open for drinks on the day I arrived so I went for dinner at the Lighthouse. I had the plank steak and a friend who I caught up with had a pepper steak. Meals were 32 & 35tl with a bottle of red for 40tl. Was very happy with the prices.

Went for drinks at the Sevgi Bar to end a tiresome first day.

I spent most days at the beach, which I found quiet and relaxing, I hardly used the pool area at all which is a first for me.

As time passed more & more businesses were opening, Bonjour, Golden Moon, Cupids, Venice, Amigos, YOLO all opened whilst I was there. As did the Wonderbar.

Icmeler also began to come to life as more people arrived - although 1 or 2 cranes could still be seen around the place.

Tandoori Sizzler, Fryer Tucks, Bar Ex weren't open when I left - I believe they needed o have their work completed by 15th May.

Weather was beautiful until 11th May when the rain came, but I cannot complain after 9 days of 30 degrees plus.

Restaurants visited: Champagnes, Lighthouse, Tipsi, Kontes, Majestic, Chef, Cupids - all of which were really nice & have to say those with new roofs look lovely.

I went to Marmaris twice & ate in a couple of places on the Marina.

With the opening of another AI hotel I strongly am of the belief that this is damaging Icmeler & the local businesses. The amount of people walking about with wristbands on was extremely high & a great pity - just my opinion.

I spoke to a couple of business owners who are hopeful the season is just going to take a bit more time to get into full swing this year.

Personally my time away was as enjoyable as always. I made new friends and caught up with some old pals and its nice to go this time of year as those that work in Icmeler have some time to talk.

This is the first review I have written so theres probably loads I have missed out, so feel free to ask me about anything I have forgotten :)

Transfer back to the airport was a few minutes late, but that's nothing new & the flight home was refreshingly nice because a friend was flight attending. No tears this time either which is a first for me lol.

I even brought some lira back as I felt my money stretched further this holiday - but at 4 tl to £1 it would.

Currently returning in October but really hoping for a week sometime between now & then.

In the meantime - happy holidays to everybody.
chezza100

Advertisement

Re: Icmeler 2nd - 13th May 2015

Postby blondie » 15 May 2015 16:19

Thanks for taking the time to post a review, chezza - great to get one of the first "real" opinions of all the changes from someone who has actually been and seen it for themselves.
blondie

Postby geordie1970 » 15 May 2015 19:00

Cheers Chezza, great review and you could just type and type couldn't you! lol :lol:

Sounds like it's as 'normal' as can be expected, with many late comers panicking to get necessary works done in order to be allowed to open this season :shock: ... No surprise and I've posted a few times to say that would happen :wink:

Just hope it's all systems go come late June when we arrive ....

Thanks again and I hope you get a 'sneaky' week before October! :D
geordie1970

Postby sunlover loch lomond » 21 May 2015 15:43

Thanks Chezza for posting a very detailed and informative review of your holiday. I am so looking forward to seeing the changes but am confident that it will not change my love for Icmeler.
sunlover loch lomond

Postby chezza100 » 22 May 2015 12:31

Happy to share my experiences and I quite enjoyed writing it - this could be a new calling for me lol

I'd be very surprised if any of the changes make any difference to the way people feel about the place :)
chezza100

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews