Icmeler 26/3/15 - 7/4/2015

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

Icmeler 26/3/15 - 7/4/2015

Postby inch1963 » 08 Apr 2015 07:36

Just landed back from the usual early season break.

As expected not really anywhere open.

Gone is Yakamoz Beach,next door to Doruk Hotel,opposite Casa and Blanca.Just a large palm tree. Gone is Kardelen opposite Tansas.Although he does say he will be back in 3 months.

All the shops underneath the Kapmar Hotel have been taped off by the council.

Those few stalls at the bottom end of the canal have been removed even the Cocoa Beach stand.There is nothing there now between the canal bridge and Tiki bar.

There is a new place called Tipsi beer and burger house.It opened Feb 2015 and already has a good reputation for friendly service,excellent food,and one heck of a sun trap in the afternoon. A very warm welcome from Cem.his wife and staff awaits all. It's located opposite Sidiks family restaurant just passed the Wembley bar.

Sony's bar is open and holds the weekly quiz night on Thursdays. Happy hour this week has been 2-5.Not sure if it will continue into the season.

Nefis pide is open. Next door to Nefis was the Lal restaurant.That is now sporting the Linekers eat and meet signage.

Pizza Timo are open and Migros supermarket.

Three Bells hoping to open in approx one week.

The Ida hotel and bar opened to paying guests on 31st March.and their pool area is open.Little sun trap for the little sun we had this time.They are operating a full menu service.

Tin Tins bar is open.

Deniz Kapisi has remained open throughout winter.Sitting in the sun on the jetty eating a superb Turkish breakfast.People come from far and wide for their Turkish Breakfast.

After arriving to a warm but overcast Dalaman on Thursday tea time,we had a straight forward transfer to resort.

After getting settled in the heavens opened and it rained and it rained and it rained.It cleared up for a time on Friday 27th .So time for a walk and a look round.Then more rain.By this time we had found Tipsi around the corner so happy days.

More of the same Saturday.Sunday was sunny hence sat at Deniz Kapisi.Hopped the dolmus to Marmaris and whilst in the bazaar it hammered down.Monday was Turunc.

Whilst waiting for the dolmus at Wednesday market a taxi driver offers to take us for 30ytl.When we got there the meter read 65ytl.He said well 30lira better than no lira as he drove off..

We walked along the beach from one end to the other without a soul in site.The Cardak bar was open so again sat out front in the sun,No tourist boats,nothing, just a view across the bay towards Marmaris.

The market was not open so we had a nice walk around the back streets away from the beaten track whilst the sun was out.Dolmus back to Icmeler for 6ytl.

Dolmus to Marmaris this week remains at 2.50ytl.

Now we get to Tuesday.Rain from getting up then at 10am there is a power cut.Nothing new in that I hear you all say. As we walked passed the Meryem market the proprietor tells us that it may be some time...........the whole of Turkey was without power!! Nice one we thought having a joke at the brits expense.Not so,it was true.So the evening meal at Mattys curry house in Marmaris was commenced by torchlight and candles.

Thankfully the rain ceased around 5pm and power was restored at 2040hrs and a lovely meal it was too.Bit of mixed weather for the next couple of days.However Sunday,Monday were glorious and spent at Ida.

Time for coming home Tuesday was also delightful.So time for a last beer and burger in Tipsi,outside in the sun, before the transfer home.A nice relaxing stress-free time in our favourite place.

The only sad part was that having had a certain legend in our lives for a while now,sitting at Sidiks,Bells,Ida,under our sun loungers on the beach,sneaking under the table at Deniz Kapisi and walking 2 hours to Asparan and in the taxi home,the place really is not the same without Dolly.We really missed you girl !!

Oh and we did venture passed Cupids.The shops etc between them and L'Etoile are having a make over.Looks like being incorporated into the hotel basement area.The front man helping out at the Ida (whose name eludes me,but used to work with Murat at Golden Moon) says he will be starting at Cupids in a couple of weeks. I did promise I would check out the situation at Cupids.So really not much open,lots of work being undertaken and it should all be shop-shape for May 1st.May you all enjoy you trips to paradise this summer Enjoy. (9 weeks and counting until our return) Serdan will still be at Cafe Annes so he informed us.
inch1963

Advertisement

Re: Icmeler 26/3/15 - 7/4/2015

Postby blondie » 08 Apr 2015 13:36

Thanks for posting such an informative review - first of the season so far, and hopefully many more to come. I'm sure it will be of considerable interest to a lot of people of the forum who've been dying to hear what's going on.
blondie

Postby JT » 11 Apr 2015 10:38

Nice one Phil

I did enjoy Tipsy Burger and you are correct it is a sun trap.

I remember many years ago I used to sit there when it was called Dost restaurant
JT
Admin
Admin

Postby dksbbs » 13 Apr 2015 13:59

Great report, I too remember Dost restaurant, I think it closed about 2005 but I am most likely wrong.

Will try Tipsi when we are there in July/August as staying just around the corner

Dave
dksbbs

Postby smc4761 » 14 Apr 2015 17:17

Thanks for taking the time to do a review.

Glad to hear that my favourite bar Tin Tins is open
smc4761

Postby sunlover loch lomond » 14 Apr 2015 21:17

Thanks for posting a very detailed and informative review of your recent trip to Icmeler. I can feel the excitement rising for my next visit and looking forward to seeing the changes.
sunlover loch lomond

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews