15th aug to 6th sept

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

15th aug to 6th sept

Postby jayjay1950 » 11 Sep 2014 13:37

We bought our flight with TC and booked the apartments (Prestij) and the transfer through I.C.R. It was our 6th time to Icmeler, first time at Prestij apartments and we took along my son and his fiancée. It was their first time abroad so was very nervous about flying but all went smoothly. When we got to the apartments early morning we thought we had made a big mistake booking them, they was a bit tired looking but after a short nap we went downstairs to be greeted by the staff. What a great bunch they are too. The apartments do need a bit of a facelift but couldn't fault any of the staff, the rooms are cleaned and fresh towels and bedding changed regular so we quickly changed our opinion of the place.Our first stop was to Wembley bar to see our old friend Eddie and have breakfast there, it was like going home we was greeted with a big hug and kisses on cheeks. We decided after breakfast to have a little walk into town to show my son around a bit then ended up on a taxi boat into marmaris for an hour or so. The full 3 weeks was spent on many boat trips with I.C.R. and our apartments lazy day trip as well as a private boat trip we did with some ex pats we know out there, great days each and every one. My son and fiancée did the horse safari and really enjoyed themselves. We all did the two day trip to Pamukkale and Ephesus which was fantastic but long and tiring days. We ate at many different restaurants as well as the apartments never once having a bad meal. The staff at I.C.R. in Icmeler was fantastic, called in a cpl of times, promise it wasn't just for to get out that heat ladies, honest. :lol: Because we took first timers we tried to cram the 6 years of our experience into the 3 weeks so was a little hectic, even managed to walk up to the flag again for that special view you get from the top, a real wow factor it is, but everyone had a fantastic holiday. The prices in the town have gone up a little but as we had bought lira early on in the year at a good rate we was not spending much more. We did find it a bit quieter than we have other years but I expect that's only to be expected with people having to cut back with spending. The bars were still doing entertainment although not full on like other years. Both my son and me got cold sores but now we are home he rings to say he wishes he was out there now getting another, I think he has the Icmeler bug and expect Icmeler will be seeing him some more very soon. As for me and my partner Chris it is 41 weeks before we are back again for our 7th time and boy oh boy we can't wait. I would like to thank everyone at I.C.R. and John for making this holiday one to remember and hope to do business with you again next year. :D
jayjay1950

Advertisement

Re: 15th aug to 6th sept

Postby JT » 11 Sep 2014 14:56

Thanks for the pics and of course the review

It has been a bit quiet on here lately

One thing I do not understand though is I have seen a few remarks from different people saying that the resort was quieter while you were there but every room in Icmeler was booked out while you were there so I can only think that the heat in the day was doing people in and they were staying at apartment bars in the evening
JT
Admin
Admin

Re: 15th aug to 6th sept

Postby jayjay1950 » 11 Sep 2014 15:01

Maybe thats right JT, i know when we passed by many restaurants they wasnt as full as other years, locals were saying as well how quiet things were this year. Didnt stop us from enjoying it though and we are looking forward to next year unless of course our 6 lucky numbers come up then we will be there sooner and looking for a place to live :)
jayjay1950

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews