18th July until 8th August. 3 glorious weeks

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

18th July until 8th August. 3 glorious weeks

Postby daisysun » 11 Aug 2014 16:06

We had a package holiday through jet2. It was our first time through them so didn't know what to expect. Everything was fine, llane comfortable, staff friendly and we took off from Newcastle and landed in Dalaman on time.
We stayed at the Oren apart (self catering) which is next to the wednesday market. Not to be confused with Oren hill - which happened to us a couple of times during our stay by drivers trying to drop us off at the wrong place lol.
We arrived at the apartment at around midnight and were checked into our room quickly. The first day was mainly spe t round the pool enjoying the sun- wow it was hot!!!
We ate out every night except from a couple of nights when we stayed for the turkish night and bbq night at the apartments. We found Icmeler very quiet on our first couple of days/nights with a lot of places empty or only half full. After that it got a little busier (obviously once the school holidays were properly underway) but still not as busy as ive seen it in the past. We found the busiest places tended to be the ones with entertainment on. We saw entertainment on in de ja vu, bamboo, venice, romance and the red lion (if you could call it entertainment) and we saw a few aces advertising karaoke and quizes as well. entertainment was mainly waiters dancing, male belly dancer, guy juggling the bottles etc. We were a little worried before we went that the lack of entertainment would be a problem especially as we have 3 children, however we did not find this to be a problem at all. We enjoyed eating out in laces both with and without entertainment. If we ate somewhere that had entertainment we tended to finish our meals and stay to watch it and if we ate somewhere without entertainment we tended to finish our meals then go for a look around the shops as the kids got bored otherwise. It was quite good fun watching what happened whilst in somewhere with entertainment when the police went past!They tended to use lazer lights as a signal to stop until they had past. I did feel sorry for the staff though as tbey all worked so hard to keep the customers happy but were on edge and frequently looking around.
We ate in alins grill, romance (after been practically dragged there by the guy from outside the jewelry shop down the road), Broadway, Venice, majestic, ida, lighthouse, dejavu, the red lion, a restaurant on the sea front but can't remember the name of it, and also a couple of little turkish cafes at lunch time. We enjoyed all of them (except the red lion which had bad service and tbe food was not quite as good as everywhere else however they did try very hard to get us to come back again offering free drinks and ice cream etc.) The food, service and price were great and we always had a great night out.
We did a few trips which were great. We did the turkish night at marmaris, the village tour, horse safari (me and my eldest son) and the waterpark.
My husband fancied a night down in marmaris so we decided to get something to eat there as well. The meal was cheaper tban tbe meals we'd had In icmeler but that was the only good thing about it! We quickly finished our meal then got the dolmus back. It was too crowded too much trafic and just not as "nice" as icmeler.
We had a bit of a nightmare in our first week when my eldest son got 2 ear infections, one of them quite bad. I bought some antibiotics from the chemist but after 5 days one of his ears was getting worse so had to take him to medline to see the doctor (who I believe comes on to this forum) wow! What fantastic treatment and a big thank you to the doctor who treat him very well. He ended up needing 4 injections 2 different types of ear drops and another bottle of antibiotics. Thankfully it worked and didnt spoil his holiday.
We had quite a few days at the beach and a couple of days in turunc which was lovely, but other than tbat we didn't do much during the day as it was too hot do do anything else (which I think is why the place was so quiet during the day and from that aspect I can see why families go all Inclusive as we spent an absolute fortune on drinks and ice creams when staying around the pool)
We really did have a fantastic time and didn't want to come home, which says it all really. Even 3 weeks were not long enough.
The entertainment situation did not effect us but think the mayor maybe needs to concentrate on road safety rather than stoppi g the entertainment as wow! Sometimes the driving is a bit hair raising.
Would we go back?.. without a doubt :)
daisysun

Advertisement

Re: 18th July until 8th August. 3 glorious weeks

Postby daisysun » 11 Aug 2014 16:09

Sorry about all of the spelling mistakes and missing letters- I typed it from my phone
daisysun

Postby Jeanette » 12 Aug 2014 08:28

Thanks for your review and glad you had a great holiday. I saw that you had the same problem with Romance. It is such a shame because it is a nice place and the food is good but they just spoil it with the hassle.
Jeanette

Postby daisysun » 13 Aug 2014 13:26

Jeanette wrote:Thanks for your review and glad you had a great holiday. I saw that you had the same problem with Romance. It is such a shame because it is a nice place and the food is good but they just spoil it with the hassle.

Totally agree
daisysun

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews