Teac532s review 9th to 23rd June 2014

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

Teac532s review 9th to 23rd June 2014

Postby teac532s » 27 Jun 2014 10:46

Left Belfast at 7am Monday 9th June. Smooth flight and on schedule. Dalaman was the usual nightmare with large queues at passport and the vis queue was massive though we had done ours online. One and a half hours to exit Dalaman.

Private pick up was excellent (thanks ICR) and straight to our destination.
Stayed at Bal Apartments (non ICR) and have to say they were excellent , spotless and friendly staff but maybye not for the younger generation or anyone with walking issues as they are quite a bit from town.
Rooms were cleaned daily and bedding and towels changed on a regular basis. Food was available form the bar and reasonably priced. Plenty of sunloungers for all guests with the main pool being 1.6 mtrs deep and a baby pool. Pool table also at the bar area.

Icmeler itself did seem the same as always to me (4th visit), Friendly people , staff that remembered us and of course still the hard sell going on at some restaurants. Town was overall quite clean although the park beside Tansas needs some attention as it is grubby and unused and it shows when you walk through it. Prices have went up slightly with the cheapest beer being in Florida at 5 lira and Tintin at 6 lira and in general 8 lira. English breakfast could be found in most places for 7 lira.The rate was 3.55 when we arrived but rose to 3.60 on our last day. Bargains can still be found if you are prepared to look around , underground market was our fav place for bargains. In general we found people friendly and welcoming again with only 2 incidents of note , one of which involved us and one which did not. The hairdresser beside Alins Grill was closed for 15 days and while the police were there some ugly scenes were on full view of guests in Alins , including us. The second one was when my niece was ripped off in a shop and the guy tried to get in to her 9 year old daughters purse and my niece was panicked and in a right state. She paid for the goods just to get out of the shop. Needless to say Police were informed and handled the whole thing excellently and got her a full refund form the guy , who got hot headed with the Police but quickly lost that argument.

Icmeler is still a lovely place to spend your holidays and yes we will be back. All the negative reports should not put you off. The 2 incidents I mention can happen at home just as easily.

Place we had meals were , Alins Grill==Superb value for money and first rate food , Tintin == Our favourite and again superb value , Tommys ==excellent as always , Wayside == Good but not as good as I thought I would be.

Shopping == Tansas is still the cheaper of the 3 supermarkets in my opinion.

Last day arrived and private pick up was spot on time for collection. Dalaman again is a total rip off , £3 for a can of coke , £1.50 for a bottle of water. My daughter had 50 lira in her purse she forgot about so bought 2 subways , £13 total rip off.

Flight left 15 mins late but arrived back in Belfast on time after a slightly bumpy flight. The one thing I will say about Sunwing Airline pilots is , they need to practise their landings and stop trying to put the plane through the runway.

All in all we had a wonderful holiday with brilliant weather , excellent food , good friends , and lots of Efes. A special mention for value and surroundings must go to the wonderful Cafe Rose in the old village. If you have never tried it , seek it out you will not be disappointed.

Back again soon?? HELL YEAH

Bye for now
teac532s

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews