May 2014

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

May 2014

Postby Sue » 11 Jun 2014 15:55

I have been back ten days now and only just had change to write a review.
Flew on 15th May 2014 with Easy Jet, brand new planes, no reclining seats and a very enjoyable journey. On arrival at Dalaman we went straight to passport control and showed our visas without any problems at all.
We booked a speedy shuttle with Icmeler on line which took 2 hours including a comfort stop, I would definitely recommend this shuttle service to anyone, it went very smoothly.
Arrived at Sun Village which is exclusive to ICR, early hours of the morning and Jamie was waiting for us as usual. The complex is just as good as last year and enjoyed our visit very much, I have already booked to go back in June 2015.
Had a walk round the resort on the first day, the sea front was very quiet with only 5 kiosks to book boat trips and no icecream stalls this year, but overall it look a lot less cluttered. The new park next to Alins Grill is coming along nicely but still some work to be done on it yet, but even so looked lovely

Places we ate at:
Florida
Nefis Pide
Ugra
Café Annes
Lighthouse
Kardelin
Harry Ramsdens
Holiday Bar
Meyzem
Sidiks
Love Star
Kayra Pide
Burcu
Prices for food had gone up but with the rate so high compare to last year it didn’t make any difference to our budget

We booked a boat trip with ICR which was £10.00 each it was called ezge, small boat only held 25 people we had a lovely day out well worth the money and the food was amazing.
The first week the market was still on in icmeler but only half the size but still did clothes etc but the second week it was just fruit and veg.
We booked to go to Koyseguez Market , we were picked up at 10.00 am and it took about just over an hour to get there. On arrival we didn’t think much to the market but once we got out of the bus we were surprised how big it was and a lot more selection that icmeler market ever had. We had an hour to spare so we sat by the lake having a coffee and enjoying the spectacular views, It was really a good day out and I would highly recommend this trip.

Many changes In Icmeler, there will be a few demolitions at the end of the year due to building regulations, including the canal stalls, which is awful for the stall holders as they have paid for a five year lease and will not get their money back. There was a strong presence of police on foot and by car patrolling the resort to make sure that the restaurants were following the new rules. Quite a few were fined whilst we were there. The resort was much quieter than usual Overall I think the resort is getting back to the way it was many years ago when we all started going there and first fell in love with the place.
Travelled back with ICR speedy shuttle, took two hours with a comfort stop. Dalaman airport was very strict, we were over by 500g each on our luggage and were charged £10.00. For those who are taking e cigs, no problems either in uk or dalaman, just make sure you disconnect the battery from the atomizer and out in a clear plastic bag
We didn’t do an awful lot on holiday as it was just a much needed break for both of us. I have a lot more info for you all but other priorities at home at the moment so I will add some more info as soon as I am able too. Roll on September cant wait
Sue

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews