Club Sun Village 24 June to 8 July

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

Club Sun Village 24 June to 8 July

Postby ochlynda » 26 Jul 2013 01:43

Well this was our 19th trip to Icmeler and you would have thought it was our 1st,we all still get soooo excited.
This year our son and his family came with us,so I had my 2 grandaughters to introduce to the delights of Icmeler.
Flight from Belfast was with Thomson,left on time at 7.25am very uneventful flight.Arrived in Dalaman no queues at visa or passport control and 45 mins after landing we were on our way to Club Sun Village.
This was our 6th time staying here and as usual we were met and treated like family. Apartments are very clean with a good size pool area and staff are excellent (no hassel).Had most of our breakfasts here and lunches though did tend to leave the complex at night for our evening meal.
Exchange rate when were here was between 2.86 and 2.92.
Ate in lots of different places including The Lighthouse excellent as always,the rack of Lamb is to die for, The Broadway good food and always a warm welcome from all the lads,The Wine House this is a wonderful restuarant so laid back and food to die for,Rush good food and great entertainment,this was our Niamh's favourite place she loved getting up and putting a show on for everyone and after 19 trips to Icmeler I have at last made it to Sidiks and all I can say is it certainly deserves all the wonderful reviews and it certainly won't be our last visit.
Prices were not much different to last year though we were getting a much better exchange rate.
We did the bbq bays boat trip with ICR as recommend by Elaine and I can honestly say it was the best boat trip we have ever been on excellent value at £10 a head and half price for kids.Would definetly recommend this trip.My one concern was that we didnt want to be squashed like sardines as our daughter has learning difficulities and doesn't like crowds Elaine assured me it wouldn't be like that and she was so right,there was loads of room on this boat and plenty of sun beds for everyone,food was excellent and the crew couldn't do enough for you.
We also did a day at Atlantis water park another great day out enjoyed just as much by the adults as the kids in our party.The rest of the time was spent just chillin out and enjoying our time together as a family.
The only down side to our holiday this year was hubby ended up in hospital for the last 3 days,he hurt his back and could not walk,move or weight bear,A big thank you to Dr Murat who came to our apartments and accompanied him to the hospital,lets just say it was no mean feat carrying him down 3 flights of stairs.
The hospital was very good to him and had soon discovered the problem and began treatment with the hope that he would be able to fly home on the Monday (this was now Saturday morning), the only complaint he had was the food (he is a man who likes his grub) mind you it didn't look or smell great but it certainly helped the diet he had been on before our holidays lol. Eventual on the Monday morning at 10am he was given his fit to fly letter,nothing like leaving it until last minute as our transfer was picking us up at 11am.
Soon we were on are way to Dalaman with hubby in a wheelchair but at least we were getting home,much as we love Icmeler we were so glad to see Belfast airport.
Normally Hubby and I go back for a wee quiet week on our own in September but this year we have decided to give Portugal a go,not sure if its a wise decision but hubby fancied a changed.But we will be back again in Icmeler in 2014 as we have already booked for next August for our 20th trip and our Niamh has already started asking when is it Turkey Time looks like it could be a long year lol
ochlynda

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews