Prestij Aparts 30th June-14th July

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

Prestij Aparts 30th June-14th July

Postby bikerjambo » 24 Jul 2013 07:47

4 of us (we took the wifes aunt) set off from Newcastle on the 30th, nice wee bonus at the airport when we discovered a smoking area past security. :D Onurair left on time and landed 35 minutes early which must've been a bonus for those already waiting in the transfer bus. Dalaman Express are excellent value but I just wish we could bin the rest stop when heading to resort. Made Icmeler about half 5ish. Checked out the 2 aparts we had booked which were fine, even the stairs which we had heard so much about were not too bad once you had used them a few times. A word of warning here tho, the upstairs is open plan so anyone on downstairs beds can look directly into the bedroom as they visit the toilet. Decided not to bother with the AC as there was a reasonable breeze blowing through when you left the bedroom window and balcony door open. For those wondering I think it was £5 per day for the AC and £2 for the safe (in reception). We had a meal and a few drinks in that 1st night before hitting the town to visit folks.

Things we done during our hol, taxi boat to Turunc and spent the day on the small beach at the far end of the harbour then back over the mountain on the dolmus.
Ramazan at the Prestij has his own boat so we did a Lazy Day trip with him (1st one we've done in a few years), so nice and cooling out there.
I wanted to take my 13 year old on a quad safari, she wanted to go on a horse safari so with a bit of backing from Michelle and Sharon she won :( I'm still sore, don't like it when they run!
Had a night in Marmaris for a meal and to see the fountain show, thats good and even had a small 5 minute demo at the end of it.
Rest of our days were spent by our pool or the quieter pool at the Sahin Palace, we just happened to walk past and were recognised by Marco who we hadn't seen for about 5 years when he used to sell trips from beside the Mersoy.

Places we drunk in were the Prestij, the Imperial, Sahin Palace, the Tokmak, the Garden, Sylvias, the Gondol, Romeo and Juliets, Friends, Buffalos, Halo Vodka bar and the Red Lion. Maybe a few more that have escaped me.

We had a few meals in the aparts that were mostly cooked chickens at 10 TL from the little shop next to the Garden. Other meals were at the Bulvar in Marmaris, Buffalos, Sahin Palace and of course the Prestij cos the food was good and it was handy. Excellent value at the Bulvar, 15TL for a 4 course chicken/pasta/pizza meal and Buffalos at 18.50 for a pepper steak.
Best value beer has to be Buffalos, quite a nice pint too and the pint of extra cold draught at the Romeo and Juliet was good as well. Worst pint of draught has to be at the Red Lion, petty certain it isn't the Efes they claim it is!

Best exchange rate we got was 2.90 at the Victorya supermarket across from the Prestij.

All too soon it was time for home again, bus turned up on time at 1am and due to my raki intake I slept most of the way to Dalaman, not so the 3 girls who were horrified there was no toilet stop after they had been drinking water and soft drinks all day to keep hydrated, we just made the airport in time for them!

Ah well, roll on next year.

8)
bikerjambo

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews