Icmeler - Ince Apartments 3-17th July 2013

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

Icmeler - Ince Apartments 3-17th July 2013

Postby jejo » 23 Jul 2013 19:11

Flight was from Glasgow with Jet2. Left on time 3.20pm and arrived in Dalaman half an hour early. Quickly through visa and passport checks even though the airport was quite busy. Waited about 10 minutes on our luggage and then outside to get our transport (DM Transfers). A luxury 6 seater Voltzwagon Vito with chilled bottles of water waiting for us. Within the hour we were in Icmeler and we quickly dumped our suitcases and down to the bar to meet our friends. This year we had booked a studio apartment at the Ince instead of a 1 bedroom, but apart from a smaller kitchen there wasn’t any other difference. Didn’t get to bed till after 2am and as our room overlooked the bar we could hear all the chatter going on. Within half an hour it was all quiet then all of a sudden a cockerel started and went on for the whole 2 weeks! Was going to ask for a room change next morning but thought we would give it another night and see. Never did change rooms as we got used to the cockerel and the bar noise was us after the 1st night! Booked trips through ICR and Michelle from the office was a wee star coming to our apartments to save us walking in the heat (thanks very much Michelle). Son and his gf went on a buggy safari and loved it, we all went on the lazy day boat trip and the jeep safari. We enjoyed all our trips and will book trips through ICR next year. Spent most of our times round the pool sunbathing (I shadebathe and follow the shade as my lovely Scottish skin burns a lovely shade of red)! Read about 2 books a day on my kindle so I was really chilled out. We ate breakfast nearly every day at the apartments, English Breakfast was 7.5 lira and fresh orange/pineapple juice 4 lira, toast was 6 lira, made by Mama. Lunch we usually went to Jimmy Asda and got bread, cheese, cold meat and salad. At night we ate out every night apart from 1 night we got a fish supper carry out from Friar Tucks. It was lovely but too much. Son and gf went into Marmaris one night to go to McDonalds and we all went in to meet friends who were going on a Thomson Cruise. We didn’t have enough time to have a meal and ended up getting a subway. We had meals in Friends in the square x2, Mandalin, Lighthouse, YOLO x2, 3 Bells, Venice, Majestic and apartments x2 (one the Turkish Night). I kept some of the receipts and some examples are as follows:

• Friends – brilliant food, couldn’t fault anything. Large portions.
Garlic Mushrooms 8 lira
Garlic bread 5 lira
Peppered Steaks x2 63.50 lira
Set chicken meal (soup & chicken broccoli) 20 lira
Effes x4 26 lira
Fresh orange 7 lira
Diet cola x 2 13 lira
Total = 142.50 lira for 4 people
• Lighthouse – nice meal, no complaints
Tomato soup 7.50 lira
Chicken pakora 9.50 lira
Popadom 2lira
Peppered steak 34.75 lira
Chicken tikka masala & chips 26.50 lira
Plank steak 34.75 lira
Chicken casserole 23.75 lira
Fried ice cream 12.50 lira
Cheesecake 8 lira
Large effes 7 lira
Water 2.50 lira
Fresh orange x2 12 lira
Diet cola x2 9 lira
Coffee nescafe 4 lira
Total = 193.75 lira for 4 people

• 3 Bells – lovely meal, very large portions
Chicken curry 22 lira
Mexican steak 36 lira
Sunday Roast Beef x2 56 lira
Irn bru 6 lira
Diet cola x 2 7 lira
Water x 2 4 lira
Total = 131 lira for 4 people

• Venice – meal ok, waited over an hour for main course and stuffed chicken meal cold. Wouldn’t go again as 3 years we have had food/waiting time problems. Too many other nice places to eat.
Garlic mushrooms x2 22 lira
Soup x2 14 lira
Chicken fajitas 24 lira
Mixed grill 39 lira
Sea bass with raki sauce 25 lira
Stuffed chicken 23 lira
Chinese set meal for 2 82.50 lira
Diet cola 4.50 lira
Fresh orange juice 6 lira
Banana daiquiri 13.90 lira
Peach daiquiri 13.90 lira
Strawberry daiquiri x3 41.70 lira
Vodka & cola x6 51 lira
Total = 360.50 lira for 6 people
• Majestic – lovely meal, another long wait of an hour but worth the wait.
Tomato soup 6.50 lira
Nachos 8.50 lira
Chicken Hawaii 20.99 lira
Chicken fajitas 25 lira
Chicken shish kebab 20.99 lira
Sea bass 26.50 lira
Chocolate brownie 8 lira
Cheesecake 8 lira
Diet coke x2 9 lira
Large effes x6 41.94 lira
Strawberry daiquiri x2 25.98 lira
Water 2.50 lira
Total 203.90 lira for 4 people

• YOLO – formerly Captain Bullshits. Lovely meal as usual.
Pizza 16 lira
Exotic chicken 21.50 lira
Mixed grill 21.50 lira
Chicken kebab 8 lira
Pancakes x2 12 lira
Effes beer 7 lira
Diet cola x 2 9 lira
Water 2 lira
Irn bru 14 lira
Total 119 lira for 4 people

• Mandalin – didn’t keep the receipt for this one, but an okay meal, nothing outstanding. Don’t think we’ll visit again although people in our apartments loved the food in here and ate a few times. Personal choice I suppose.
Chicken soup
Garlic mushrooms
Mixed grill
Chicken dish, can’t remember which one.
Effes
Diet cola

• Ince apartments – food was quite good, made by mama. Can’t remember all the prices.
Soup & chicken set meal (garlic chicken) x 2 44 lira
Garlic mushrooms x 2
Effes 7.5 lira
Diet cola
• Turkish Night at Ince Apartments
Set meal @ 25 lira per person. Nice meal.
Entertainment – belly dancer, breakdancers & disco
Had a great holiday in Icmeler again and our return journey home was just as smooth as our outward journey. Although there were a few wee niggles this time but would not stop me from going every year, infact already booked for next year. Some personal views of what I think were the negatives:
• Lots of cats, more than any other years even a few at my apartments (I’m petrified of cats). Quite a few dogs roaming as well.
• Hassle first few days then calmed down, then last few days hassle again. Some were persistent, then became rude/cheeky. One shopkeeper in Marmaris spat on the ground infront of sons gf for not going in shop n shouted abuse.
• Quite a few shops saying one price and when going to pay charging more – guy selling cd’s, chemist, etc.

Hope this review is not too boring for everyone and we are all looking for different experiences from our holidays so my views are definitely not the same as others. See you next year Icmeler.

Jean :)
jejo

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews