1st-16th june

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

1st-16th june

Postby deeve » 17 Jun 2013 21:23

this time i'll try to do a better job because it was too fiddly on my phone.We left Manchester on 1st of june flying monarch which left on time but not much room for my long legs,i went with my wife,two daughters four grandchildren and sister in law. We were stopping up the village close to deja vu ,we also ate there a couple of nights and my daughters and grand kids ended up there every night but I ended up at tin tins with my mate Fred who I use to work with when he lived back in England.I must admit it didn't seem quite as clean as other years,there was plenty of litter about and some empty shops and bars and also I never saw anyone cutting any grass verges which are normally kept nice and tidy,anyway we ate at Wembley which was good value,the 3 (4) bells,romance, tin tins, broadway where the kids ate free, friar tuck chippy and the Rush Bar where the kids also ate free, we also had a few nights at Rush which was very good with usual waiters dancing plus acts of break dancers a magician ,the bloke belly dancer with his catchphrase "everybody clarp clarp clarp " as the grand kids would say.The weather was good not too hot and just nice at night enough not to need air con ,we had about 15 mins of rain then 5 mins drying then it was back on the sun beds.We couldn't make it last year so saw the new canal stalls for 1st time but my wifes favourite silver man was still there.Overall we had a very good time as usual. I saw redrhino one night in buffalo bar and was going to introduce myself but he was with another couple so I didn't want to disturb him ,perhaps next time I see him I will. Our tranfers were bit of a mess picking up at dalaman, we hadn't gone 200yds out of the airport when we pulled off the the road and driver said " change" I thought he meant he was but no another mini bus turned up so we got out into another one moving our luggage etc,anyway we eventually set off and when we got to half way comfort stop lo and behold another mini bus turned up and we had to change again ,talk about getting a sweat on,The return journey was a bit more straight forward thank goodness. We flew back with tomcook which plenty of room for us lanky ones and actually took off 20mins early,well I hope that wasn't too bad for my 1st proper blog, it still took me ages on my lap top using just my one finger, so bye for now and hope you all have a good holiday when you time comes. PS forgot to mention the exchange rate was 2-90 when we left, they said while there was still trouble in Istanbul the rate would stay high
deeve

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews