Best 4 weeks I've had! Long review - be prepared!

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

Best 4 weeks I've had! Long review - be prepared!

Postby Eleri_x » 29 Aug 2012 17:52

So as usual, I've been home 2 and a half weeks after an amazing 4 week holiday, yet it's taken me this long to get back to normal and write a review!

I went on the 18th July until the 15th August with my mum! We have been going to Turkey for 12 years, and going to Icmeler for 10 of them. Everytime we step off the plane at Dalaman, it feels like home. Flew with Monarch from Manchester, think we were delayed for about 45 minutes due to problems with Monarch as a company so everyone was in the same boat. Quickly made up time and get to Dalaman in just under 4 hours. Arrived at Icmeler at about 12:30pm, put our cases in the room, had a quick freshen up and went straight out! We stayed at Ozlem 2 Apartments which we stayed at last year so knew they were ok. Basic rooms, cleaned everyday but fresh towels every 3-4 days. Basic kitchen 2 ringed hob, fridge etc.

The holiday seemed to be flying by and before I knew it a week had gone and my birthday had arrived! Had such a great day and night as usual. Flowers and ballons on the beach of the Yakamoz lads which was lovely! I celebrated in Florida bar this year and I have to say they make a tremendous fuss of you, more than they did at Venice, where I celebrated in 2011. Had an amazing night. Great food, a few free drinks, birthday cocktail and great company, my mum and the lads that work there! What more could I ask for!

Spent most of the time in Florida while being there. It's a such a great place! Run by an elderly couple, who are just the bees knees, the lads that work there dont hassle which is great if you just want an easy holiday. The food is lovely and prices not so bad. Alcohol prices are ok aswell, me and my mum were having vodka and coke which was 2 for 12 tl and vodka redbull which was 2 for 15 tl, so better prices then some places. I definetly recommend this place!

Visited Venice a couple of nights which is always lovely to see old friends! Murat, Firat and not forgetting Lee have to be the 3 nicest people I've met! Always happy to us and always there if you need help! Me and my mum have been going to Venice since we've been going to Icmeler and nothing seems to change, even down to the table cloths! Always guaranteed a great night here though!

Visited Friends a few times to see Mazlum who we met in Venice 2 years ago! Great guy and anyone who knows him im sure will agree! Food here is nice, get alot on the plate so its worth the price but not always guaranteed to finish it. Entertainment is good, something different most nights.

Also went to Paris while we here! Great place with great staff. The brothers that own it are ace! I can guarantee you will have a great night here! It is only a dance bar now as last year it was a restaurant but money was tight so they stopped doing food. But I think its much better now! The staff are always there when you need them, and always checking you're ok!

Went to Yakamoz everyday as we used that beach! Went on Pablo's beach so it's 5tl each for a sunbed but we got them for 5tl for both! Knowing people works wonders!! Food in Yakamoz is lovely and you get alot of it, staff are great! Its worth going even if you just see Chiko, such a nice man, and really funny!

The heat was really something different this year, me and my mum are real sun worshippers and love the heat but it was to hot this year! I mean 35 degrees at 9:30pm isn't right and 50+ in the day with no breeze isn't nice. I could sit here all night and say how amazing it really was and how great the lads I've met and known from previous years really are! We all have our favourites and obviously theres place I went and didnt like weather it be the people or the food but I really wouldnt want to bad mouth somebody that someone on here liked. It's horrible to come especially with weather like this and as usual I have still have my phone on Turkey time! Hopefully my mum will give in and book 5 weeks next year! Woohoo!! :D
Eleri_x
New User
New User

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews