3rd to 18th August 2012

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

3rd to 18th August 2012

Postby biddy » 20 Aug 2012 19:59

Flew from Manchester with TC...Good flight, arrived at Dalaman and our ICR transfer was waiting to take us to the Rhodes Apts.
It was our 3rd trip to Icmeler and our first stay at the Rhodes. Very impressed with these Apts. Great location, excellent views of the pine clad mountains and a quiet and laid back feel about the place. Upon arrival we were greeted by Tolga, who informed us he was not expecting us until the following day. We spent our first night in what i can only describe as staff quarters. They were not bad, had a bed and a shower, was evening when we arrived so, dumped the the cases, quick change and off out we went.. We were given our room the follwing morning. Very spacious and clean on the ground floor, pretty handy really when staying around the pool as it meant we only had to pop over the low wall to get in to our Apt...The pool area at the Rhodes is great, no problem getting loungers, regardless of the time..Good bar area too, ate breakfast/brunch there most days and had no complaints about the standard of the food or the service, infact they are so efficient your empty plate or glass didn't even touch the table before it was whisked away. The standing joke was keeping on to your plate as long as you could before they realised it was empty. :lol: Even though this place was full when we arrived it was still chilled out, you could sunbathe in relative peace and quiet and everyone staying there was happy and friendly.
Just outside these Apts is a park, it was probably designed with children in mind but, the local chickens loved the place. They were running around all day, in and out of bushes not all bothered by anyone or anything. We liked seeing them each time stepped outside..The supermarket was a stones throw from us too, we changed our sterling there as they offered a good rate, which varied from 274 to 279..
Did a couple of trips through ICR. Akyaka, can highly recommend this one we had a great day out. The 5 bays boat trip was good too... We also took a taxi boat to Turunc and spent the day there sunbathing and shopping.
Oh!!. I must tell you all about my discovery of a miracle cure for my prickly heat. It hit me with a vengeance this year, i can honestly say it was the worst it has ever been. Someone at our Apts suggested a tomato as it had worked for her husband.(I will give anything a try when it comes to prickly heat). So i chopped a beef tomato in two and proceeded to rub it into my skin and then shower, it certainly took the sting out. The next day it was a lemon. On the boat trip i burnt my right shoulder, so that was smeared in yogurt to take the sting away. I was beginning to feel like a walking salad, anyway, whilst browsing around the shops in Turunc i was sprayed with a lemon cologne, now that really did help the prickly heat. Payed 10 lira for it, now i know it can be purchased cheaper but, it was a miracle cure and being free from stinging and a nasty rash is priceless..
We also payed a couple of visits to Jan at the dogs home ..Cannot praise this woman enough.. She and all her volunteers do an amazing job. So, Doodle, Jacko, Holly and Bonzo took us and our friends for a couple of early morning walks...Am still taking my hat off to you Jan...
Ate at lots of diferent places, the only place we returned to again was Harry Ram, Some plain and simple and well cooked food was needed inbetween all that turkish cuisine.. Was impressed by most and disappointed by a couple. The Winehouse was the standout for us this year, so that will be added to our list of favourites. Sidiks and Cafe Rose were, for us, a bit of a let down. That will not be held against them though and we will try again next year.
We also found we spent more money this year, but that probably had a lot to do with my OH and his consumption of Effes.
All to quickly our 2 weeks in the sun came to an end. We did manage to get a whole day in by choosing to come home on a later flight. Our transfer picked us up at 10.30pm and off we went. Able to sleep on the flight home and arrived back in sunny Manchester at 5am on Saturday morning. I am at the moment of writing this review taking a break from the ironing and planning next years visit. Wouldn't mind staying at the Rhodes again, but as long as we get there next year we are prepared to stay somewhere else. After all, with all the input we get on here we can't really go wrong in choosing accommodation now can we..
If you are still waiting to travel have a fabulous time... We did and can't wait to do it again....
biddy

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews