2nd of 3..... 31/7 - 7/8

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

2nd of 3..... 31/7 - 7/8

Postby Sami » 07 Aug 2012 10:46

Been looking forward to this 2nd visit and my friend Katie was too. We arrived at Dalaman airport to be greeted by the ICR rep for our transfer. For a change we had arrived at a decent time so I was looking forward to a cold Efes once we arrived at the Rhodes Apartments, once again booked through ICR. We were shown to our room which this time was on the lower floor. I was a little disappointed because I love the views from the top floor. But as Katie pointed out, we wouldn't be in there long and as long as it had a shower and a bed to sleep in she wasn't bothered herself.
Though this didn't pose any problems, I have asked Tolga at the apartments for top floor next time in September. Back to the beer, myself and Katie have a drink at the bar whilst chatting with Tolga and a couple of other people. My friend Katie is impressed with the apartments and says that she knows she will enjoy it there. This is good as she had not been to Turkey before let alone Icmeler.
Wednesday we have a lazy day by the pool apart from walking down to Kontes Beach for lunch. The breeze is welcoming as the weather was scorching hot. That night I decide on eating at Lovestar, so we get ready fairly late and go for drinks at the bar. One leads to two and before we know it, its nearly 10pm and we're a little bit jolly. We get to Lovestar and get a table after having a drink at the bar and chatting with Hayley. I suggest to Katie about going into town and we end up in Ambiance nightclub. To say I was drunk is an understatement!

Thursday we do much as we did the day before. Feeling rather rough around the edges from the skinful the night before. Took a walk and couldn't help but notice the very high humidity, it was so close and muggy. On the way back along the dry canal, the clouds became blacker and I felt rain. Katie was not feeling well at all and so she heads for her bed. I head for the bar and see if a crisp cider might help. It promptly did.

Friday was our boat trip day. Another ICR all inclusive number, disappointed that JT didn't join us this time but it was brilliant to meet some of you forum members, Scousefitz, Cockneyboy and Justin to name a few. Once again the boat trip was a lovely day out with plenty of flowing drink and swim stops to freshen you up, also work up and appetite. Lunch again was nicely prepared and just what you need. That night we have a few drinks with Za Za at Blue Rainbow/Havana and he advises us of his Turkish night on Saturday.

By the weekend we had eaten in Bonjour which was absolutely fantastic, Sidik's which was new for me and I am really glad we decided to go, we had the sea bream and it was just gorgeous and the guys in there are just so friendly. We then ate at Za Za's for the Turkish night, the food was fantastic and I could have had seconds but I was so full. Entertainment was fun to watch and we ended up going to Eastenders with the lads from ther bar.

We decided to eat at Bonjour one more time before our last day and on the very last evening we went back to Lovestar. Unfortunately they were very busy and we were kept waiting for a long time before we got our starters. It would not have mattered but we needed to get back for the transfer. We did finally get our starters and main along with a couple of free glasses of wine and I think we even got our starters free in the end. I therefore can't give a bad review on the place as they made up for it in the end.

All in all, another fantastic holiday. Both myself and Katie enjoyed it emmensely. Katie is looking to come back next year with her husband and I now have one more in September to look forward to. Another review will follow then.
Sami

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews