Jeanette Review 16th - 31st July

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

Jeanette Review 16th - 31st July

Postby Jeanette » 01 Aug 2012 10:20

Flight from Stansted was very smooth with the quickest flight to Dalaman ever as strong tail wind so only took 3 hrs 20 mins. Very quick through the Dalaman airport to private transer. Used Rain transfer and was a bit worried due to previous posts but name on board ready and waiting. 1 1/2 hours later arrived at Eda Hotel. This was approx 2am.
Made very welcome and with a quick visit to room and hanging up a bit of stuff down to the bar for a drink. Ozzie and Arsin (think thats how it is spelt) were very welcoming and chatty. Eda hotel is a 2* and you get 2* - rooms were adequate size, with enough storage space, beds quite comfy. Bathroom needs a bit of work - had a cracked sink, and a broken toilet seat but all useable. Shower needs regrouting around the bottom just to make it look better. Pool area was very nice and clean and as hotel was only half full there were not issues with sun beds. Ozzie was still being friendly until he decided to give us the hard sell about eating at the hotel, he went on for about 15 mins and by the end of it both myself and my friend were a bit shocked after him being so nice. We were going to have a meal in there with our other friends but after this we did not eat at hotel on principle that we are free to choose where we eat. Ozzie then left the hotel and the hassle stopped with Engin and Arsin being pleasant to everyone. It was a real shame as to begin with Ozzie was really nice, chatty and friendly. Breakfast could be improved with the supply of fruit juice as there was only tea or coffee and some fruit as the choice was only cheese, tomato, cucumber, egg, olives and bread (toast, jam, honey). Drink price was average with efes at 6lr. Sheets were only changed once and that was on day 12 with my friends bed being changed the day before. Towels were changed every other day.
Location of hotel is excellent with everything within about a 2 min walk to canal, square, main tansas road and a good choice of quiet bars around the corner.
Where we ate:
Allins Grill x2 - food excellent and great value for money; Tin Tin's x2 - chinese plate was awesome and only 17lr it included a bit of chicken curry, chowmein, spring roll and egg fried rice. The hot and sour soup was also delicious; Friends was as good as ever with the entertainment and dancing by the lads good fun; Love Star in old village was excellent being very relaxed and no hassle to have more drinks etc but always ready to come over when called. My friend said it was the best sea bass she had eaten; Champagne bar also excellent food and the best tomato soup that I had eaten in Icmeler this year. Again friendly but not over the top; Buffalo bar, good value for money and food good but not my favourite for evening meal. Although for a beer cheapest I found at 85p a pint. Also breakast for a £1 which was very good value and nice; Lightouse was excellent food where I had the lamb Tandir which was delicious and again not overly expensive; Dejavu x2 for food and entertainment with the food being very good quality and flavour. On 2nd visit the entertainment was just the bar staff with no robot or Michael Jackson which was a welcome relief: Dolce Vita x2 again good food and entertainment - new entertainment with accordian worms the only question is why? Quite bizarre but amusing, also talented dog; Lunches were in Eddies bar, Yokomoz, pide in cafe next to underground market, Dolce Vita and the hotel. The baguettes in Eddies bar are amazing especially the home made meatballs and steak and they come with fried onion and mushrooms and of course chips - 9.5lr and large efes 4lr.
Trips:
Akyaka excursion with ICR - what an amazing day out with an excellent finish to the day but not going to spoil the surprise as it is well worth waiting for. Did take up the challenge to have a swim in the river which only gets to 12 degress - OMG water was freezing but glad I took the plunge. Akyaka is a lovely place to stop and have a wander round. Lunch was good but watch out for the garlic vinegar.
Boat trip wich turned out to be on Captain Bullshits boat - again a very nice relaxed day out.
Exchange Rate:
Got the best rate in Dolce Vita from Romeo with hightest 2.84 with the supermarket being 2.81
Allins GRill and Cafe Vela did amazing frozen cocktails and well worth a try.
Resort was very quite with our hotel never being more than half full.
Prices;
Efes ranged from 2.50 lr in buffalo bar for draught efes but on average was around 5 or 6lr for large beer. Food again was reasonable - had a sizzling saute dish in Allins grill wich was 12.5 lr to Tandir in Lighthouse which was 29 lr and lots of set meals in between these prices. You could pay as little or as much as you wanted to.
All to soon time for return. No problems all very smooth and another quick flight back to Stansted.
Overall another excellent holiday but as per usual over all to quick.
Jeanette

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews