16th to 30th July at Demircioglu apartments

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

16th to 30th July at Demircioglu apartments

Postby juju » 31 Jul 2012 22:47

Flew from Bournemouth which is brilliant for us,40 minutes from our home and parking there £68 for two weeks :) flight was on time and no problems.Arrived at Dalaman and met our ICR transfer and straight on to Demircioglu....I gave up trying to pronounce it within 30 minutes....Vince's.First time staying here and first time self catering but we had eaten at Vince's before.Lovely welcome from him and his staff.Quickly unpacked while Tony went on a hunter gatherer for bread,butter,milk.Vince supplied us with a huge water bottle with a pump top.Very cheap and lasted us almost the two weeks.Ate downstairs in the restaurant ,very nice. The appartment was clean and spacious for two of us.Nice shower.Fabulous air con.Kept very clean ,towels , sheets changed regulary,by the lovely ever smiling Jana.No pressure from Vince to eat there,we did quite a few times and enjoyed the food and service and the very nice staff.
We always use the beach and its either Yakamoz or Coco Beach and this year was Coco Beach with the lovely Messi.Day one we set off for the beach at our usual 8.30 ish after toast in apartment and then went back to see Elaine from ICR...then back to beach again.We had left Bournemouth in rain and about 14C and Icmeler was very hot on 17 July..tuesday.I sat in the shade and didnt feel too good, so about 2pm we decided to head home.Tony was hosing his feet and I felt distinctly unwell....then I was on the sand and he was picking me up!First time ever I fainted!When I saw myself when he got me back, I was grey.So next day a hat ,loads of water and right as rain.
We ate at Tandoori Sizzler 3 times and loved it!The food was cooked to perfection and presentation perfect,and always the little gifts from them....free starters,liquer coffees, and the drinks discount anyway so didnt find them expensive.Also at at Jimmy's Okimo.Tony loved the liver and onions!Jimmys 25th anniversary this year.Ate at Champagne and Richards Place.Very nice at both.
Every other day we lunched at coco beach restaurant,good food,amazing salads, need to spend on their toilets!Also at lunch at the Garden,who we think have the best toilets in Icmeler!
Spent a few nights in Zazas Havana Bar and hit lucky for his Turkish night.Think it was saturday.Meze buffet and mixed grill.Amazing belly dancer who was an acrobat really.Male Turkish dancers and Female dancers doing Village dances.Highly recommended.
Few evening in Sugars buffalo bar.Oz is working there and we were pleased to see him.A charming man!Saw Pam a few times.They seem very happy.Not fond of Karaoke but put up with it for the sake of good company and cheap drinks.
Few evenings in the Kactus Bar and met Oscars baby boy.Lovely setting.
Places were struggling except the usual busy ones and we rarely saw anyone buying in the shops.
Met a lady who had a problem and sent her up to see John and Rami.We called at the office a few times...is lovely in there when you're boiling!Michelle and Elaine do a great job!Unfortunately we didnt see John or Rami :(
All too soon it was time to go and our ICR transfer picked us up and whisked us off!The flight was on time and home we came.Washing,ironing,cleaning and work tomorrow!Roll on next year!But June or September....too hot for us in July! :)
juju

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews