Last week June first week July

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

Last week June first week July

Postby MARKCAV » 10 Jul 2012 18:58

Well that was over far too quick and i missed the earthquake yesterday. Had a great hol in sunny Icmeler June 25 - July 9th.

Flight from Manchester delayed an hour, ah well lets get another beer in. The hour passed and we are on our way, no issues whatsoever. Arrived at Dalaman and no transfer to collect us(Non ICR). It did eventually turn up and within no time we arrived at our apartment(Non ICR), lovely poolside view.

We checked in and went for a beer. Late night over tired and a tad worse for wear, ah well we are on our hols.

Places we Ate :-

Tommys :- 10/10 I have seen some bad reviews but i must disagree, it is each to their own so all opinions count. The food was lovely and we ate there a second time which was just as good.

Harry Rams :- 10/10 for his cracking Fish and Chips/Home made Cheese and Onion Pie and Chips. What a lovely man and a definite must when we return in September.

Sahin Palace :- 7/10 the chef must have changed this year and food nowhere near as good as last year.

Chef :- 9/10 A bit more expensive than the rest but a lovely setting. Elvis his usual self and i really do enjoy going here.

Florida for Breakfast :- 9/10 A great breakfast in a great place. Jack and Billy great hosts as usual.

Kurt Apartments/Pinewood Apartments : - 9/10 A couple of good meals at both. Sunday Lunch at Pinewood is great and the chef at Kurt makes a mean pasta dish, both Carbonara and Arrabiata were wonderful.

Kayra Pide 9/10 :- Cheap and cheerful Turkish take away place, you can eat in for the same price but great food at great value prices.

The Chicken shop across from Deja Vu is fab. Please visit and at 9 lira a pop they are great value with a bit of bread and salad at lunch time.

We drank in a number of places Magic Garden, Sylvias Geordie Bar, and with all our meals we had beers. Magic Garden great as always see you in September.

Icmeler itself remains a great place. Prices were no more expensive than last year but some increases in certain venues. Fending for yourself as in 2 Adults we spent very little so still remains cheap if your on a budget. We were not but if you are you can live very cheaply.

Weather - a tad unbearable towards the end - too hot. I will also add that a few too many kids turned up in our second week, not my idea of fun but lesson learnt re dates for the future.

All in all a great Hol and met some great new friends, you all know who you are.
Flight and transfer home passed without issue. Missing the weather now though!
MARKCAV

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews