2nd - 16th sept

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

2nd - 16th sept

Postby skilly » 21 Sep 2011 21:12

Got picked up at 6am on 2nd sept. Manchester airport was chaos, don't like it one bit, would rather have Liverpool any day.
Had a good flight with Thomas Cook and flight only took 3hrs 15mins, quickest ever.
We had arranged ICR for a private transfer and had no probs finding the minibus as soon as we came out of arrivals. There was only our party of 6 on the minibus and we arrived in Icmeler after 1hr 15mins at about 5pm. Best thing we ever did and we will definitley use ICR again.

We were staying at Effendi which is in a brilliant location, right near the beach. We had a room on the first floor and did not have such a good view but it didn't matter as we did not stay in the room for any length of time apart from sleeping. The weather during our stay was exceptionally hot and you couldn't lie in it for long periods.

We had a few good meals at the Maestro restaurant which is part of Effendi and got 15% off due to being guests at the hotel.
We ate at Buffalo bar a couple of times, also had a couple of meals at Tandoori Sizzler which was great, very good staff in Sizzler.

We had Sunday lunch at Miami restaurant in old village and i can honestly say it was as good as at home, the roast beef melted in your mouth. We also had a lovely meal in Wembley restaurant.

We visited Sevgi bar a few times for drinks, very enjoyable and met a few english friends who we see every year.

We met Gene & Ann ( redrhino) in Buffalo bar, lovely people!

We went on the village tour and I enjoyed this very much especially visiting the Mosque as I have never been into a mosque even though I have been to Turkey many times. The waterfall wasn't as spectacular as is advertised but we were told it was because the weather was very dry.

We spent a lot of time on the beach and walked around the old village a few times. we also visited Marmaris about 3 times and the harbour looks fantastic now with different statues, monuments etc eg an octopus and little waterfalls.

We went on a boat trip which as usual was very enjoyable.

All too soon it was time to go home, ICR picked us up at 10.30pm for our 2.30am flight home and got us to Dalaman in record time, it was a bit scary driving through the mountains in the dark though :shock: a couple from the forum & their daughter shared the minibus with us, I think their names were Jed & Janet.

When we checked in we found our flight had been delayed until 4am :(

It was horrible sitting on the hard seats at the airport and I don't think I will ever do this time of flight again, I'd rather pay extra for day flights.

The flight home was good and the landing was very smooth.
All in all we had a good time and i'm looking to book for 2012 but the prices seem to have jumped up from last year,
skilly

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews