holiday review 31july 14 aug

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

holiday review 31july 14 aug

Postby sue6259 » 22 Aug 2011 08:24

Journey to airport was fine, me and hubby left car by airport.Checked in at manchester got a good seat on plane, feeling excited about going to icmeler again (17th time). Good flight with onur air, landed in dalaman approx 3pm so it was hot. On our approach, the view of icmeler was still as beautiful. Got to apartments and dropped luggage off,then straight out to catch up with old friends in the town. It was very hot all the time we were there, but we did have a breeze on a few days which was welcome.Had a few meals in tandoori sizzler which were very nice especially the indian set menu ,the lads are as friendly as ever,got our icr card as well.also ate quite a lot at tin tin, very nice there too turkish english, chinese or indian all beautiful. The lira was well up so all good value for money. The underground market looked scruffy and we both said it doesnt look good to people on their first visit to icmeler i thought they might have tidied up a little. It was strange without the canal stalls, i think everyone has missed those. The new path along the beach looks nice.We dont like to just lay in the sun so we had many walks round the old village, not a lot of people get up there so its nice and quiet.On our 2nd day we found our holiday company had gone into admin.i couldnt believe it,last year i lost 2 holidays with goldtrail this year i booked also for oct with hols 4u . We didnt let it spoil our holidays, fortunately nothing changed even our flights. Didnt do much this time just needed a rest and time to relax.Did marmaris walk, markets etc. Meals all reasonable full english breakfast 5 lira, lots of restuarants doing 3 course 18 lira , efes between 3 and 5 lira a bottle all in all not much difference in price to last year. As usual the 2 weeks flew by and soon it was time to come home we said our goodbyes for now and flew back with onur air (we werent sure who would bring us back) i am now busy finding flight for last week in oct. For anyone going to icmeler for the first time you will love it i am missing it already roll on oct.As everyone has said Dalaman airport very expensive,take something to eat not many people bought anything there. Well thats my 1st ever review i will make oct one more interesting
sue6259

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews