Icmeler only three quarter Full plus review

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

Icmeler only three quarter Full plus review

Postby geordiedave1964 » 15 Aug 2011 18:59

We thought Icmeler was only 60% full compared to last year and all the bar staff were agreeing with us. I feel it will have a terrible affect on businesses over the next 6 month. The bar staff said the Russians are all going AI and not spending on a nightime which i noticed. I saw lots of Dutch, Russians and Europeans had bracelets on and were not spending money. The pools were easy to get in as loads of empty beds with lack of people in the hotels we also did not have to wait for a table for evening meal on any of the nights and bear in mind we ate out 14 nights and about 10 days all in the busiest 2 weeks in August. The credit crunch is now starting to bite and i think the state of the economy is a worry for the resort itself but we had a great time and i hope they have a better autumn.

NOW ON TO THE REVIEW

Our best meals not in any particular order were The Florida (twice), Bonjour, The Lighthouse, The Red Lion and The Broadway (twice).

Other nice meals were The Buffalo Bar(twice), Friends Bar for Barbecue over the road from The Love Boat, The Waterfall, The Garden and Champions

The worst was the Masala and that was not the meal as it was lovely but the waiter was abrupt so we only visited once. The menu was hard to understand and he wanted me to rattle of all 4 starters,meals,deserts and drinks and i got mixed up he had to start again and instead of him making fun of the situation he was down right rude. Bear in mind there was only 3 other families eating so they were not by any means busy In hindsight we should have asked for the bill and paid for the drinks and left. Our family that we met there waited a while then realised they had been forgotten in the Three Bells next to Romeo and Juliets so we didnt go there.

The prices were not much more than last year if you are on a budget try the Buffalo bar between 7pm and 8pm half price meals for steak,chicken etc and bottles or pints of Efes only 2.50 tl about 90 pence and we had 4 steaks and a about 4 drinks each there were 4 of us as well and the bill was 89 tl which was only £32 .

Before our meals we had and hour or two in Eddies bar then off for the meal then over to Friends bar for the 60s, 70s and 80s music. It was good sing a long in there and we were only upstairs in the Greenmar so not far to walk or crawl.

Steaks and chicken were all lovely in all restaurants but we loved the turkish dishes and i even persuaded the wife and she loved them as well I tried the turkish meals in The Red Lion (Turkish mixed special chicken,beef and Lamb casserole cooked in a sealed pot), Waterfall and the Bonjour. Prices for 4 meals and drinks were between 89tl and 160tl depending where you go I would recommed you get the specials as you get three courses and a drink for the price of a main meal on the menu.

Never went on any trips just not our style. We go by the pool in the day or the beach then eat and drink on an evening.

HOPE THIS REVIEW IS OK
geordiedave1964

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews