22 to 29 July 2011

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

22 to 29 July 2011

Postby Lisalala » 02 Aug 2011 14:17

Well here goes -my first review
Booked a last minute to Icmeler to celebrate my 30+10 birthday. Eighth visit for my hubby and I but 1st time for us without our two kids.
Flew from Newcastle with Onur Air 8.25ish Friday 22 July. Great take off, smooth flight and good landing at Dalaman. Straight through Visa and luggage reclaim and out to meet our private transfer. The driver although canny and gave us free water yawned continuously throughout the journey. This was a bit unnerving- especially when going through the roadworks when coming into Marmaris as he looked like he could have nodded off at anytime. Thankfully we arrived at the Faber apartments all in one piece, checked in and given a complimentary cocktail whilst we waited for our room to be ready.
The Faber apartments are quite nice.All the lads who worked there were great but the cleanliness (or lack of it) let the apartments down badly and although I would definately go back and have a drink at the bar I wouldn't stay there again. Got a shock one morning when I woke up with a cat asleep on my pillow next to me - my hubby had left the balcony door slightly ajar when he'd been up for an early cuppa and the cat must have sneaked in and made itself comfortable right next to my head!
We ate at Captain Bulls..ts and did two of his boat trips. Both great days. Had a lovely meal at Venice and it appeared to be as busy as usual. I had my birthday meal at Vinces and had a lovely evening. Vince pulled out all the stops with balloons, banners, birthday cake and even fireworks. It was a lovely evening and I can't recommend Vince's enough - he is the perfect host.
Also spent an evening at Hanedan Oksabi - excellent restaurant and will definately be spending more time there during my next visit to Icmeler.
For anyone who fancies a mooch to Marmaris there is a lovely little street cafe called Okyanus Cafe situated on the street between Bar Street and the Bazaar. Our dear friend Ramazan and his wife Tuba own it and they do the best chicken wraps I've ever had in Turkey. We had a couple of lunches there and an evening meal. All delicious. So if any of you are in Marmaris, try it. You won't be disappointed.
All too soon, it was time to leave. Transfer back was uneventful and the driver (a different one) remained awake the whole time. The flight was an hour late but when we eventually took off it was again a good smooth flight and landing. Arrived back in Newcastle approx 8.30am Friday 29 July to a very balmy 13 degrees....
Roll on 20th August 2011 for our 9th adventure to Icmeler. This time with our two little darlings in tow and staying at Babadan apartments. Maybe see you there :D
Lisalala

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews