My holiday review 12th - 22nd July

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

My holiday review 12th - 22nd July

Postby sarahh » 01 Aug 2011 18:59

Hi everyone,

First time writing a review but 6th time in Icmeler (only joined the forum a few months ago). As I mentioned when I joined, my friend and I went to Northern Cyprus in May as my friend who has been to Icmeler numerous times in the last 14 years fancied a change and I can't begin to tell you how awful it was. Anyway, because of this we had to have our Icmeler fix and got a really good deal - £140 for flights from gatwick and £95.00 pp at the Kapmar bed and breakfast for 9 nights.(not with ICR but will use you in the future I promise) My friend used to rent out an apartment for the year and although cheap it wasn't worth it for the amount of time she used it so gave it up last year. We were a bit aprehensive as at that price we did think it might be a bit of a dump but couldn't be more wrong (thanks to all of you who wrote reviews of this hotel because it did sway us). Ok it wasn't 5 star but it was very clean, rooms done everyday, clean towels etc. and really good bathroom with excellent power shower (us girls need to rinse out that conditioner you know!!)no hassle to eat/drink there etc so I would thoroughly recommend. My friend and I both have the same birthday (18th July) which was another reason we chose this date. Luckily for us we also had 2 friends who came for a long weekend to help us celebrate which also coincided with another couple we know who randomly booked a holiday to Imeler at the same time (all newbies). Had an amazing birthday at the Majestic although it was a good thing the alcohol was flowing as Jan (mehmet) went all out to embarass us (strippers the lot - although boxers stayed on - thank god its a family restaurant). Spent quite a few nights at the Dolce Vita (Billy who used to be at friends bar now owns this) food and company really good although Rocking Ken was only on a few nights which was a shame. Weather was unbelievably hot this year - walked down the canal to the beach one day and was so hot I just had to get to the sea as soon as possible so went to the bit at the bottom of the canal and would not recommend it. It had bits of I don't know what floating on the top and it didn't smell too good either but quite frankly I would have put my head in a toilet at that point - I thought I was going to pass out!! The rest of the beach is fine though so I don't want to put anyone off. Spent lots of lazy days at various pools and on our birthday booked a private boat trip for 4 of us which was total bliss and would thoroughly recommend. It cost us £35.00 each which included a lift to marmaris, lunch, free tea and cake in the morning and the boat dropped us back in Icmeler. It was a lot quieter this year but it didn't spoil our holiday in any way as we have made many friends over there and just feel like we are home. Our only disappointment this year was the Sevgi bar where we had spent many a late night people watching and having a laugh. It has been taken over by a Turkish woman who isn't particularly friendly and has a small child of about 3/4 years old who for some reason didn't like us so kept spitting at us and trying to hit us in full view of her mother who did nothing!! (have to add that I have never seen any turkish or indeed any other child ever act like this) They also had more staff than customers so won't be going there again which is a shame but heyho things change. Apart from that experience which lasted less than an hour the whole holiday was total bliss as I had expected and guess what, I am already looking to book a week in September because I can't wait another year. Our newbie friends are also converts and want to come back with us!! As for prices, I don't know if its because the exchange rate is so good at the moment but we spent a lot less than we did last year so happy days all round!! Anyway, for all those of you going soon I am sure you will have an amazing time and I hope I will see some of you in September!!
sarahh
New User
New User

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews