Jeanette's review 8th - 16th July

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

Jeanette's review 8th - 16th July

Postby Jeanette » 21 Jul 2011 21:35

Flight from Gatwick 45 min delay but still got to Dalaman more or less on time. Picked up the transfer only to have a very loud, rude, drunk scottish bloke on board. Not what you want at 4 O'clock in the morning. Got to apartment - Sahin Palace (non ICR) at around 6.30 am. Shown to room that had a double bed - told one of the managers that although my friend and I were good friends we werent that close. Room opposite had single beds and as soon as the family in there checked out they got the room ready and swapped us over. So no complaints there. My daughter and her boyfriend were already out there so arrived to a notice on our door - Battersea dogs home, all strays welcome - needles to say she got a slap when I saw her later.
My friend and I budgeted for £50 each a day for food and drink but can honestly say that we never spent that amount with some evenings the whole bill only coming to around £50 between us. That was for our food and drink. During the day we didnt spend much either so had change left over from our budget every day. So more money to shop with.
1st night not wanting to go to far just went to Dejavu where nothing has changed. Had their set meal which was the meze, soup, any chicken dish, tea/coffee all for 18 lr - food was excellent as ever and superb value. Sunday was just a chilled day then went to Alins Grill - mahoney from Elvis now works in there. Food also excellent and would recomment people to give it a try. Lots of traditional dishes to choose from and no entertainment so nice if you just want a quiet meal. Then went onto No Name bar - cocktails were dissapointing so didnt go back again.
Monday visited the beach where the sunbeds were 2.50 for all day. In the evening went to Dolce Vita in the evening where Gino works - had taken his chocolate to him the day before. Although seeing the staff in there was like they had moved friends bar. Had a lovely meal in there which again was really reasonable. The lamb shank was 25 lr so around £10.
Tuesday was jeep safari day - not done this for a few years and my friends had never been on this trip. Was still good fun and we had a great day.
Went into the Tandori Sizzler this evening and was really looking forward to a curry but after ready all the brill reviews I was extremely disappointed and was perhaps the worst meal I have had in all my years of visiting Icmeler -I choose the Dansak but what ever it was Dansak it was not. Although the price withthe discount was very cheap.
Went to the Wednesday market as usual as needed to get my pul bibir and patata spice as need those for cooking at home. Again some good bartaring to be done on the usual things.
Dejavu on wednesday as it was their turkish night - again good value for money and excellent food.
Romance was our choice for Thursday night and can say it was my best night of the week. Set meal of chicken was 16lr and lamb was 20 lr - still same entertainment but really enjoyed it. Even managed to dance on the bar.
Sahin Palace was very quiet so no problem with sun beds and the staff were really nice and helpful. Also prices in their were quite reasonable. Apartments were very roomy and air conditioning was in the bedroom which was nice during the night as it was very warm with one day reaching 44 degrees.
I can honestly say that I think that the prices have not altered much in the last couple of years but with the exchange rate being so good - I managed to get 2.61 on the thursday - it is really good value for money.
They do need to put the stalls back along the canal as this seems to be hurting some of the bars as they are not getting the passing trade which they used to get.
Then all to quick it was time to come home again. The first and last time that I ever only go for a week as I was only just beginning to get my fix when I had to leave but 1 week better than nothing when it comes to visiting Icmeler. Just did not have enough time to visit all the places available to eat etc.
Also had Turkish bath and massage which was excellent - this was at the Negris - formerely the Literia where the bath was done by two women who I thought were going to scrub me into oblivion but were very professional as were the masseuse. Next was a face cleaning experience which whilst not without pain made my face feel and look very clean. Then onto the haircut at Mad Hackers - opposite dejavu which was great and only £12 for wash, cut and blowdry. Feel like I have been on a bit of a spa week.
Transfer and flight home all on time and no problems. Will be booking for 3 weeks next year to make up for the week I missed this year.
To all you people still to go have a great time and enjoy the great exchange rate.
Jeanette

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews