Polly's review 20th to 30th June

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

Polly's review 20th to 30th June

Postby polly » 04 Jul 2011 08:53

Flew from Doncaster at 10.25 on Monday morning with Thompsons, (Flight Only). No problems, landed at Dalaman about 4pm. Got out of the airport pretty quickly to go find our transfer (non ICR), was checked off their list and sent to a minibus where we waited and waited for 1 and 1/2 hours for more flights to land. At 5.30pm we set off with no more passengers other than what were already on the bus. Had 5 drops in Marmaris, where we drove round and round in circles, then on to Icmeler. One couple to drop in Icmeler before us then off to find our apartments, (Sarigul non ICR) The driver and rep had no idea where they were, and after asking a taxi driver then a shop keeper we finally arrived at 8.40.

We ate at Tandoori Sizzler, De ja Vu, Ugra, Titanic, Turkish Delight, Kingsland chinese, Erdem cafe and our apartments. All the meals were very good, ranging in price from 11 lira at the Erdem cafe for half a chicken, chips and salad, 18.5 lira at kingsland for eat as much as you like starters and beef dishes, to between 25 and 29 lira for steaks at Titanic.

After eating our nights were spent at De ja vu, Wonder boys, Richards place, Robin Hood, and Oscars which was my favourite. The lads there put on a very good show.

A bottle of effes in most places was 5 lira, soft drinks 3-4 cocktails 8-9.

Didn't do much during the day, apart from lay round the pool.

Walked one day from apartments in the old village to the marina in Marmaris, it was the hottest day of our holiday, and was a lovely walk, but very stupid in that heat.

Beware if going to Wednesday market, a lot of people being ripped off. Check what is in your bags before you leave the stall. I bought 3 pairs of shoes, which they put in a bag and tied up with a knot. On checking the bag their were only 2 pair, I refused to leave the stall and threatened to stand there and tell other potential customers. After a bit of an arguement and a few rude words from the stallholder I got the shoes. Also someone at our apartments bought t. shirts and when they got back, they wern't the same ones they had picked.

We changed our money at a supermarket in the old village just down the road from De ja vu called asda. The owner is called Jimmy and he gave us 2.56 everytime.

Met Bob at Robin Hood when we went to thank him for putting on the pics before season started. Also Mary & Phil (Reesy1959) in there, very nice to meet you, we went to Ugra and it was as good as you said. Also spoke to Jayden in Tandoori Sizzler and stayed in the same apartments as (wa66yne) Wayne and Audrey, lovely to have met you and hope you enjoyed the rest of your holiday.

Well I think I have gone on long enough, all I can say is thank you to the lovely people of Icmeler for another fantastic holiday. See you all next year

Polly
polly

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews