11th June - 25th June.

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

11th June - 25th June.

Postby reesy1959 » 29 Jun 2011 19:48

Review 11th June – 25th June.

We left Cardiff Airport on time with Onur Air, after having a drink in the bar with Margaret and her Husband. Smooth flight and we arrived a little earlier than scheduled in Dalaman. Our suitcases were the first ones on the carousel, so we were sharply outside into the heat of the morning air in Dalaman to meet my Sister. ICR transfers were waiting for us and we were soon on our way with two other couples to Icmeler. Free water was provided and we were soon at our apartments.

Non ICR apartments. Ozlem 1 in the old village.

We only had 2 days to show my Sister and her Husband as much of Icmeler as we could before heading to Turunc, and we certainly crammed plenty into both these days. We ate at Vinces and Tandoori Sizzler, we had excellent meals at both of these places and returned again the following week with some other friends. We also popped up to see Bob and Marnie at the Robin Hood and got to thank them for all the pics they posted on ICR. I also got my tablet that Dotty had left for me – thank you so much Dotty.

All too soon it was time to depart Icmeler for Turunc. We were staying in a private villa and we quickly unpacked and headed down to the village to have a look around. After about an hour, we had seen all of it. Oh dear, why did I have the stupid idea to go there I asked myself. Well we did find a local, where we created our own entertainment, which was the Palette Bar, Idris and Ali kept us entertained for the few days we remained in Turunc.

A quick call to Cherry at Ozlem Apartments soon got us some rooms and we returned to Icmeler on Saturday instead of Tuesday. Aaaaah it was so nice to be home.

We also ate at the Robin Hood, where we had lovely fish and chips, and the Ugra. The food was so nice in the Ugra that we ate there 3 times. (opposite Tansas, next to the Red Lion).

Out last evening was spent at the Robin Hood, where we took part in the quiz, I think we came 2nd, then it was karaoke. I did my rendition of Human by the Killers, and then got to meet Polly and Laurie, hi to you both and it was nice to meet you.

Thanks to ICR for the free cocktail vouchers that were presented with the transfer paperwork, we didn’t let any of these go to waste.

Icmeler was basically the same as always, with the exception of the Canal Stall area, this was a little disappointing, as I was looking forward to showing my family how pretty this little area was, but alas not to be. Hopefully something will be done to this area next year.

ICR transfers were on time for our return to Dalaman, and all too soon we were landing back to a very grey and cloudy Cardiff on Saturday evening.

Once again, a brilliant holiday was had by all, and my Sister has been converted to Turkey, and has booked her flights today for next June. Roll on October to do it all again – minus the Turunc visit :lol:
reesy1959

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews