Vela Hotel Icmeler review

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

Vela Hotel Icmeler review

Postby tpott » 20 Jun 2011 15:10

Date of holiday 11th to 17th June. All inclusive.
I travelled to Icmeler with my partially disabled mum. We flew with Onur air on a night flight leaving Gatwick south 30 minutes late at 22.40.The flight was smooth and the seats had plenty of leg room. Only criticism was that about every fifteen minutes the flight crew switched all the cabin lights on full and blasted out adverts in Turkish at full volume. Which of course not only woke everybody up, but made all the babies and small children cry! So not really condusive to a restful flight and nights sleep!

The Transfer took aprox two hours including a comfort stop of about twenty minutes. We arrived tired, but happy at The Vela hotel at 8.30am. The desk staff were very polite and helpful and friendly. We had requested at the time of booking a room near a lift or on a lower floor due to my mothers disability. We were given a lovely bright and airy room on the ground floor. The room had one double bed and one single, a desk and stool and a good size wardrobe. The balcony was a good size with two chairs and a small table.The room also had bedside tables and a mini fridge and of course flat screen tv.

The bathroom was very spacious and was spotless, with a large enclosed shower cubicle. The bedroom air con was fantastically effecient and whisper quiet. The room was spotlessly clean and felt bright and airy with large patio doors.

The restaurant was large, bright and airy with plenty of tables and chairs and nice table linen. The food all week was fresh, plentyful and tasty. Although like most all inclusive hotels it was maybe a little repetitive.

Breakfast consisted of a selection of cereals, boiled eggs frankfurters,tomatoes and lots of lovely fresh bread, jams, honey and a good selection of cold meats, cheese and fruit and olives.

Lunch consisted of lots of yummy turkish bread, soup, two hot dishes (chicken, meatballs etc) plus rice, potatoes, veggies and a huge selection of lovely yummy freshly prepared salads. There was also a lovely selection of puddings and icecream and water melon. All the restaurant staff were friendly, polite and helpful. Tables were cleared quickly and effeciently.

Dinner, well to be honest we didn't use the restaurant for our evening meal. We didn't pay much for our holiday and we always like to visit our favourite restaurants in Icmeler and then return to the pool bar for drinks late in the evening. But the hotel restaurant was always busy and I did not hear one complaint about the food.

The swimming pool was of a good size, but did not have a shallow end, so not so good if you are a nervous swimmer or disabled. There was however a small childrens paddling pool. Sunbeds were plentyfull but there is not much shade and only about five or six umbrellas available. There is a nice lawn area with palm trees and plants and plenty of sunbeds and the swimming pool was extremely clean. The entire grounds and hotel were absolutely spotlessly clean and tidy.

The pool bar is lovely. Metin the bar manager is fabulous and makes everyone feel very welcome and at home. He really looked after my mum and I. He is a great character and extremely hard working. I really don't know how he stays so cheerfull, especially as he works extremly hard and some of the russion guests were rather rude and ill mannered towards him. Metin makes the most fabulous cocktails! Be warned, they are strong and not part of the all inclusive price, but they are worth every lira! :-)
All inclusive drinks consisted of the usual soft drinks cola, sprite etc plus beer, vodka, gin, white wine, red wine, raki and of course tea and coffee.

I can honestly say that Urgur and and his business partner Cankat have an absolutley lovely hotel. They were always at the hotel overseeing the running of the hotel and of an evening they would sit in the pool bar chatting to the guests. They are fantastic hosts. and I can honestly say that although I arrived at the hotel as a guest, I left feeling a friend. I absolutely loved my stay at The Vela hotel and will definatly being going back. So a very big thankyou to Metin, Ugur and Cankat for making our holiday so relaxing and rather wonderful.
Tracey :)
tpott

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews