Our holiday at the senem

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

Our holiday at the senem

Postby Sue » 05 Jun 2011 18:23

We have been back a week and just got round to writing a review.
We flew with Onair from Manchester with no delays, on arrival we were picked up in a mini bus with ICR. Transfer was quick and we were in the resort in 1 hour 30 minutes.

We stayed at the Senem Apartments for 2 weeks, which was fantastic as most of you will know as I still write on the forum about it.

On our first night we went to Kayra for our obligatory Pide, this is a must on our first night. Our first day was spent walking round the resort catching up with our old friends. We walked down the canal and was shocked to see how awful it looked without the stalls, the promenade did look lovely though.

We went on an ICR trip to gypsy beach, stopping off at a café for Turkish breakfast on the way in the middle of no where, we all sat down and I looked up to find 6 people who stayed at the arya last year with us and are also members of another forum, after breakfast we went to take photos of views and then spent 3 hours on a secluded beach chilling out.

We did the usual Panorama prenses boat trip, Turunc market, Icmeler Market and water park, we did find that prices had gone up in the markets considerably.

After a week of being there and after a power nap, I came out on to my balcony to be greeted by Iainglasgow and his lovely wife Helena, which was so funny as months before we were saying on the forum it would be funny if we were neighbours

One trip we did do which was great was Daylan/Koycegiz trip which was booked with Erekoy. Lisa and John from the forum also came on this trip. We travelled by bus for an hour to Koycegiz village were we boarded a boat and sailed over the lake for about an hour, there were drinks also on the boat for you to buy. Then we arrived at Koycegiz mud baths which is different to the usual one you go to if you do the boat trip. We spent an hour wallowing in mud, then we could either have a shower or just jump in the lake to get the mud off so we did both, then went in the spa pools, after this we sailed down African Queen to the Turtle Beach were we spent 2 hours sunbathing, then back on the boat up to the river passing dalyan and picked up the bus at Koycegiz which took us back to Our apartments.
For those who want to do this trip rather than go by boat all the way I would highly recommend this trip. It was 35 lira each which included lunch and admission into the baths.

Restaurants and bars we visited included Kayra Pide, Kardelin, Sinbads, Sylvias, Harry Rams, Bonjour, Florida, Café Annes, Timothys, Senem Apartments, The Holiday

Exchange rate was between 2.50 and 2.52 which we changed at Eric at Erokoy and Halif in the supermarket opposite Selen 2.. We also changed some on our Halifax Clarity Credit card which was 2.55 and no charges.

We were there from 13th – 27th May and apart from the last 2 days this is the hottest may since we have been going since 1998
On departure we were so sad to leave but will be back at the senem in September, Dalaman Airport had the usual rip off prices, we were told when we got there that behind checkin up the stairs there was a little café that did cheese rolls and coffee for 9 lira which I did not fancy at the time, but later on a fancied a coffee at Mc D’s which was 9 lira, but to have a bacon and egg muffin, hash brown and a coffee was 13 lira so we had that instead.
Flew back with Onoair, not a bad flight as we were given extra leg room, would have been nice if the air hostess had come round with coffee sooner than half an hour before we landed though but all in all it was ok

I have loads to say but just cant think at the moment. I would like to say a big thank you to Lisalouise and John, Iainglasgow and his lovely wife Helena who made our holiday extra special this year, also to Erhan, Canan, Freddy and Musti at the Senem Apartments for a great time
Sue

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews