1st time in Icmeler holiday review and Tandoori Sizzler

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

1st time in Icmeler holiday review and Tandoori Sizzler

Postby JT » 16 May 2011 23:07

1st time in Icmeler holiday review and Tandoori Sizzler :)
by allyharvell » 16 May 2011 10:12 pm

ok here goes our holiday review of Icmeler and of course the Tandoori Sizzler from a first time visitor as promised to certain people.
There were 6 of us in total myself (25) husband (31) our kids 7 and 3 and mum and dad in law (shan't reveal their ages for fear of being strangled)
we were set to stay at the Kleopatra Apartments and my mum and dad in law (Spider) were to stay at the Alvaro Apartments (seperate holiday bookings so got different apartments hence not staying together). We arrived around 1am to be met at our apartments by around 5 Turkish men looking at us rather strangely, when one finally spoke some English we were told 'I take passports now' so we declined very quickly, after a few minutes we managed to get sense that it was for check in but told them we would hand them over the following morning. Were shown to our room and very kindly helped with the cases, after a quick look around we went for a wander down the road to find a mini supermarket and made our way back to get settled for the night.
Woke around 08:30 and went straight out on the balcony to get our first proper look of Icmeler to be met again by 5 or 6 Turkish men again all just standing around looking at us we spoke and said good morning the brief conversation ended and they still stayed around staring. Eventually I began to feel rather uncomfortable after it continued to happen so 2 days later we ended up partly moving apartments to the Alvaro as we felt so comfortable there. We were very impressed with the cleanliness of the Kleopatra so dont anyone be getting put off, i think it was just early in the season there werent many guests staying and we had the ground floor apartment next to the bar so we had pretty much undivided attenion and i didnt feel relaxed at all so we didnt sleep there again untill the night before we were due to leave.
First daytime walk around Icmeler proved to be a bit overwhelming so many people all trying to get us to eat in their restaurant or in heir shop to have a look or get a haircut it was all like WOAH! and stopping to talk to them took us forever to get down the main street. Eventually we arrived at a name that was very familiar, yes we saw the TANDOORI SIZZLER sign. Out the front stodd Levent ready for a great Welcome we were seated and ordered drinks whilst looking through the menu we decided we were hungry so ordered lunch. The service is brilliant so helpful, friendly and attentive. Walking back up the mainstreet that evening to change for dinner at THE TANDOORI SIZZLER it was quite the same as the daytime everyone wanting us to eat there but it wasnt as over whelming as the first walk down the street earlier in the day it began to feel more normal and having spoken to many of the same people earlier in the day it was like we were completely used to it and talking to them turned out to be quite fun with a few.
First look of the Tandoori Sizzler of an evening was unbelievable it looks so so different yet still everyone who works there is so attentive. Even the Chef who makes the bread was happy to have my 7 year old take photos at each step of the bread making process (he was fascinated by it). Needless to say we only ate dinner at the Tandoori Sizzler didnt try anywhere else throughout the whole week that was the only place for us and each time it was beautiful...ONE WARNING if you order the plank steak make sure you are starving ITS HUGE but beautiful!
Our last night was brilliant at Tandoori Sizzler, Ahmet and one of the waiting staff (never found out his name) were swinging from the rafters for us - that was a promise they were kept to
All in All we had an amazing week so much so we arrived home around 2 am saturday morning and before lunchtime on saturday and before i had even been grocery shopping I was online looking for a holiday back!
My 3 year old is very shy with people he doesnt know he tends to hide but after lunch at the sizzler he was more than happy to talk to them, they were really good with him. All week he had been telling us he is never ever going on a plane home and Friday being departure day we had tears from him he did not want to leave .

Our rating... 150 out of 10 for Icmeler as a whole
Tandoori Sizzler I cant possibly rate, its in a world of its own
JT
Admin
Admin

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews