22nd April to 3rd May 2011

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

22nd April to 3rd May 2011

Postby Tigerlily » 09 May 2011 09:45

Flew from Newcastle airport on Good Friday, expected it to be busy as 2 flights going out within an hour of each other, but no one in queue, straight through and could even choose my seat :D Security quiet too. Delay was about 20 minutes so no problem there.

Flight good and no turbulence (i HATE flying!!)

Quick enough through customs/visa area even though there were 4 flights in short space of time.

Usual :shock: :wink: 3 hours transfer (not ICR) tiny minibus only 5 stops but somehow STILL managed to take this long. Dropped off at wrong apartments too - I was Ozlem in old village and got dropped off at No Name, so had to pay for taxi back up as very early am.

Not sure if these apartments are ICR so will not go into it, other than to say NEVER AGAIN - ended up paying extra for my turkish HUSBAND - we left after 5 days and booked into Siesta Apartments as our friends own them, even though it then ended up as a 3rd charge for accommodation. Best thing we did - Siesta Apartments are so lovely. Ground floor so little bit noisy as times, but clean, modern, really good bathroom, separate bedroom etc. and cheaper than the awful place I 1st booked (not the initial price, but by time they had ripped me off for being married to turkish!!) - and friendly - which I really appreciated as they knew what trouble we had had on arrival into Icmeler!

Places we ate:
Champagne - on more than one occasion - even though not exactly busy (anywhere) they were such good fun and good food too.
Kayra (Turkish Kitchen) - near to Wayside - if you like home style turkish food give it a try - gorgeous and cheap - ate here 3 times.
Venice - had 1 breakfast as only opened on my last day - my husband's turkish breakfast looked amazing.
Paris - had couple of turkish breakfasts in here - very good - nice decor and lads friendly - hopefully it works out for them!
Majestic - nice chinese - we did the opening night - very very quiet.

Also visited Zaza and the lads at Havana and Oscar and brothers at Bamboo.

I found Icmeler very quiet, I was surprised as Easter and Royal Wedding Bank Holidays etc. expected more people around. Didnt like canal without the stalls - looks so strange! All in all had lovely time - as 1st proper holiday we have had in long time - we previously owned Timeless (now gone!!) so for once we had no worry of business or my husband working.

Flight back - turbulence for around 1-2 hours AWFUL :shock: plus I was leaving my husband in Icmeler - so i HATE leaving anyways.

Hopefully back in 8 weeks - hope place has picked up and works finished - was amazed how many places werent ready - Deniz Kapisi was still a shell and few of the hotels looked far from ready. More rubbish rubble etc around, so not sure 1st time visitors would think.
Tigerlily

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews