27th sept- 11th oct.

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

27th sept- 11th oct.

Postby robbo » 07 Jan 2011 23:15

Well check-in uneventful, did'nt get seats together, but while on plane a nice couple beside me agreed to swap seats with my wife and daughter 10 rows back, no entertainment on flight, T.C have new policy flights under 7 hours do not get films but they did hire psp's at £7.50 one way.
Halfway across had a look in hand luggage only to find that camera, camcorder and chargers had been left at security in Belfast, i'd forgot to pick them up after they went through the scanner "doh"
Flight on time, coach transfer with no comfort break so only 2 stops in Marmaris then 1 in Icmeler before we arrived at The Alvaro.
Got settled in and away out to the Venice for dinner, sizzling beef mmmm yummy, then on to Denis Kapisi to see Kevin, good job we called there as it was his last night.
Up early and down to pool for most of day, then into Marmaris to try and buy a digital camera, omg soooo expensive, paid 270 lira for casio camera, we had to buy one as it was our daughters birthday later that week. Had it 1 day and Keera dropped it and broke the lens, took it back and blagged it and was given a new one, great holiday back on track.
Did boat trip on friday where we met fellow icr members Adrian and Sue. Keera's first boat trip and she loved it, in and out at every stop,i was shattered by the 7th and final stop lol.
Saturday and Keera's 4th birthday, went to waterpark for the day Aqua dream, on hill behind Mcdonalds (went twice), thought it was good although you are not allowed to bring any food or drink into it. Keera had a ball and the veiws from it are fantastic. Went to Florida for her birthday meal where they had put balloons up, happy birthday banner and rose petals on the table as well as providing a cake, have to say a real big thanks to all the staff who made it such a great occassion. Also Adrian and Sue who we had met on the boat trip had made a point to call and give Keera a present, which we really appreciated.
Staying at Alvaro we met fellow ICR member Brookside (Kev) and his lovely wife and kids, Sarah, Ben and Jessica, Keera immediately found a great friend in Jessica and had great fun around the pool and play area with her for 2 weeks.
Food and drink: Best meal- Broadway went 3 times, closely followed by Waterfall, nice quiet surroundings then in no particular order but all great were Florida, Venice, Majestic, Richards Place, Amigos, Romance and Ozzy's. Florida did a great breakfast for 2 lira, had a right few of them :D
Found prices slightly dearer than 2009 but nothing to worry about.
All to soon it was time to go home transfer and flight back uneventful, Belfast airport had our camera and camcorder in lost property so got them back. sorry to have rambled on a bit.

Cheers Robbo 8)
robbo

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews