October 14 to 21

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

October 14 to 21

Postby blondie » 24 Oct 2010 19:30

Flew out from Newcastle with T****** - flight on time, no problems. ICR transfer waiting for us at Dalaman to take us to the Siesta Homes Residence. Only snag was being taken to the Siesta apartments, then the Siesta hotel before finally to the Siesta Homes themselves. Who decided to have three different places in Icmeler all with the same name?? :D
Siesta Homes Residence apartments are gorgeous - very spacious, extremely well equipped, finished to a high standard - couldn't fault them really. They are quite far back in the resort - up past the top end of the market, but the views across the bay are fantastic and the location is very peaceful and quiet. It is a residential complex though, so no on-site restaurant or entertainment etc, which didn't bother us at all, but might not suit some people. Similarly, they are a fair walk from the centre and beach - especially going home, which is uphill pretty much all the way! However, taxis are just a few lira and most bars, restaurants, etc will pick you up and take you back again if you ask.
Despite the fact that it rained at some point every day of our holiday, we all had a fantastic time yet again. Hubby and son enjoyed a fishing trip (although they didn't catch anything!) and apart from that, we just chilled out and had a lovely, relaxing week.
Meals - again, some fabulous food. We had a few breakfasts at the Florida, which were as good as ever, as well as drinking here in the evenings a few times BOGOF cocktails - can't complain at that! Had lunch at the Coco Beach (great chicken doner wraps) and at the Broadway. Their food was very good - my baked potato was especially delicious, and we'd definitely try here at night too. Also tried the Red Lion - never again! The service left a lot to be desired and the food was mediocre to say the least. I only had the strawberry cheesecake, which bore no resemblence to any cheesecake I've ever had before - more like synthetic pink cream with red goo on the top, not nice at all! The others didn't enjoy their meals that much either, especially the anaemic, soggy chips.
Evening meals - we ate at the Bonjour (always great food, and fantastic service from the staff there, who welcomed us like old friends and even presented hubby with a special cocktail as it was his birthday), Harry's Steakhouse (best steaks in Icmeler, as far as I'm concerned, and always cooked exactly as you ask), Ozzy's (Sunday night quiz night - good laugh, and also good food), the Holiday (we love the Holiday - Mehmet makes the best pancakes in Icmeler, the staff are so nice and the food is great value for money as well as being delicious - if you've never tried the Holiday, please give it a go!), Turkish Delight (we were persuaded to try here for the set menu, which at 16.50TL, I must admit we didn't expect all that much - but it was excellent and amazing value for money - would certainly return again. Cheesy garlic bread meze, any soup, any chicken, pizza or pasta dish and tea or coffee - superb value).
However, special mention must go to the Wayside. Never eaten here before, but it was excellent - daughter had the Hunkar Begendi, which she said was faultless. My yogurt kebab was delicious, and hubby and son also enjoyed their meals. The staff are very friendly and helpful without being over the top. We returned here for an early dinner before leaving for the airport, and they went out of their way to accommodate us. I only wish we'd eaten here on some of our previous holidays, but we'll certainly be back next time!
Had planned to take son and daughter to the Lal, but it was still closed - still, always a next time!
Despite the weather, we're already planning our next Icmeler adventure - just depends whether it'll be just hubby and I, or whether son and daughter will be joining us too.
We found the resort quite quiet this October - quite a few places had closed already or were about to close, but it's still the Icmeler we love and we're still finding new places to explore all the time. Bring on the next visit...
blondie

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews