Bikerjambo family hooley

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

Bikerjambo family hooley

Postby bikerjambo » 18 Oct 2010 15:05

Holiday didn't get off to a great start due to a fire alarm in Terminal 3 at Manchester, chucked outside during a thunderstorm wearing holiday clothes, soaked for the flight which went by reasonalby well. Arrived on time and into a taxi to the Sun Blue.
The apartments were fine and clean altho the only view we had was of the bar (room 2, ground floor) tho it did have its uses if daughter was tired and wanted bed. We could nearly sit outside the room with the balcony door open to keep an eye on her. She did wake us one morning to tell us that the floor was a bit wet, a bit, we were under about an inch of water due to a pipe bursting during the night! Cleaning staff had the room dried out within half an hour so not too much damage done.
The previous 2 years we had done most of the trips so decided that this year we would just relax and due to me discovering raki for the 1st time I was more relaxed than most!
Things we did were a few days in Turunc, the water park at the beach in Marmaris and a few nights there as well, discovered the Lighthouse bar as recomended by JT which I could have spent the entire holiday in but alas, no dancing waitors to keep daughter entertained! We also had a go on the jetskis and got pulled about on an inflatable sofa. We visited the dogs home (thanks to Pete for taking us there) and walked 3 sets of dogs including the 3 legged alsation. Left some collars, treats and a donation with a promise to walk some more before the holiday finished but due to the aforementioned raki I never rose early enough again!!!!!
Plenty of bars were visited, with karaoke bars being a certain small persons choice of venue but I think the best one she found was the Aussie bar in Marmaris.
With going SC this year we ate out a lot more but never really had a bad meal anywhere. Beat we had tho was the Gondol for breakfast and the Tandoori Sizzler for dinner. Wife and daughter enjoyed the sweet and sour so much they had it on several occasions whilst I stuck with Indian, brilliant nosh! Best kebab has to go to the small place round the corner from Buffalos whose name escapes me.
We also did the walk to Marmaris one cloudier day where we found what we call Squirrel beach. Just a short walk past the Nirvana cafe there a small shack with chickens where the Red Squirrels are tame enough to eat out your hands (if the chickens don't attack them that is).
All too soon it was time to head home where everything ran on time altho I'll not be so keen to do the long drive from Manchester again!
Roll on next July!

:D
bikerjambo

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews