23rd SEpt to 8th Oct

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

23rd SEpt to 8th Oct

Postby haydn » 11 Oct 2010 16:59

Ok this is my first review so here goes

Flight took of from Birmingham at around 6:15pm (20 mins late) Small amout of turbulance but nothing to worry about. Landed around 1am. Coach transfer (non ICR) took around 1:45 mins to resort, we were 3rd drop.

Accomodation
We were staying at the Ozlem 2 near the canal just down from Azra Jewlers, met by Memmet, i think he owns the Appts but not sure. We were pleased with the appts, but they were not as big as the Ozlem web site showed them, or the Tho***n web site. We had checked out reviews on various websites and 95% were great which was ok with us.
We were in room 107 which is just about above the No Name bar, which some nights played very loud music till the early hours. I must say it didnt spoil our holiday, we just stayed out a little later, but if you had small children or like to go to bed early :wink: then either ask for a low numbered room ie101 to 104 0r 201 to 204 or chosse another Appt

Food
We didnt eat out much, well not in resteurants, only 5 times

The Lal,
Food and service excellent, without being intrusive, we wanted a flat bread, (Pide) which they didnt do, but being that this was Turkey and nothing is ever to much trouble, the waiter went next door to Nefis Pide and got us one. Pide and 2 main Course's 2 beers and 2 coffee's were about 60 TL

Private (Ex Dream boys) near canal
Food and Service Excellent, Flat bread for 4, Two Chefs Special Kebab, 1 Chicked kebab, 1 Feta Salad, 4 beers, 96TL

Turkish Delight Rest (near the Titanic)
Food and Service Excellent, Flat bread, 1 Anatolian Kebab, 1 Chef's special stuffed Chicken, 2 beers, 76 TL

Nefis Pide X 2
various dishes for 2 people (cant remember what) including Pide, no more that 35 TL each time

Various Kebabs around resort and 1 in Marmaris all very good

Only Rest we probably wouldnt eat at again would be Turkish Delight, as i thought it was pricy for what you got

Bars frequented
Magic Garden, 3 Bells (4), Diva Bar, No Name bar, Irish bar (near canal), Wonder Pub (boys), Havanah bar (Zaza's), Sports Bar, all Excellent

Trips
Gypsy Beach trip (ICR thank you) excellent day out, well worth it, lovely turkish breakfast, met some lovely people, this was a birthday treat for my wife

BBQ boat trip (ICR thank you)
Done boat trips a few times but this was better as there were only about 18 people on boat

Final day
Had to be out of room by 12 noon, or pay £15 to keep room. To much for me, normally only pay £10, went shopping, hung about around pool, watched golf on TV.
Picked up around 8:30, journey to airport ok, stopped at shopping area for 15 mins, flight took of on time. Landed around 3:30am

Another 2 weeks in paradise, looking for next years hol now.

Sorry for the length
haydn

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews