Diva Hotel 26th September - 3rd October

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

Diva Hotel 26th September - 3rd October

Postby Katieb » 04 Oct 2010 15:36

So this was my 10th time to Icmeler with my best friend Kayleigh. Usually at this point of the year we have been at least once but this was our one and only visit to Icmeler this year!
We flew with Onur air and were charged for excess luggage..but this didn't come as a surprise :lol: The flight was pretty good with a little bit of turbulence but that doesnt bother me..when I know I will be getting to Icmeler soon! The pilot even came out a few times to ask if we were enjoying the flight which was nice and a bit of a novelty!

The transfer was ok, took a bit longer than what I am used to. There was one stop off along the way and this took the usual 15 minutes. Once all passengers had been dropped off in Marmaris the remaining passengers were taken to Icmeler after a short delay...our bus crashed into a car parked at the side of the road!!

Once we eventually got to Icmeler we were excited and anxious as like I said before it was our first and last time this year! I was aware of where the Diva was and we were greeted by the staff who were more than happy to help with suitcases and were very pleasant. We then decided to drop the luggage and go for our usual walkabout to see where everyone was working and to warn them we were back...haha!

Our first night we paid visits to a couple of the bars and met a few old friends alongwith some new ones who were mutual friends through facebook. We went up to Deja Vu to visit Gogo who has been like a big brother to me and was very pleased to see the bar was looking so busy...he told us that this was quiet compared to about a month or so earlier! All the staff were friendly and good deals on the drinks! As well as Deja Vu, we went to Friends steakhouse along the road from ICR office where I have been going regularly for about 2 - 3 years! It doesn't matter if the staff change and you don't know any of them your always made to feel welcome and always a great atmosphere in here! There was an offer on fishbowls for 35ytl which was fantastic as you got a lot in them! We also visited Broadway on the corner of the canal which is new this year but like a few people have mentioned before some staff are from Noels. Again a good night to be had in here. On our last night we visited Venice and the place was so busy that we had to share a table..again a very good night and great atmosphere! As always after going to the bars it was straight onto the nightclubs! Since the beginning I have always been more of a 'Pleasure' girl but this year my opinion changed and eastenders was the place to be. I went to pleasure one night and although it was good it just didn't have the same atmosphere!

All in all the only real changes for me was the fact that people didnt hassle as much and obviously some buildings had been modified and also some of my friends had left before we had the chance to get there!

We met some people in Icmeler, including 2 sets of couples. The first pair were from Glasgow and we had a laugh with them during the day, the other set we met in Friends and they had us up dancing and really entertained us that night!

I will of course be returning to Icmeler early early season next year. In 2008 I done half a season and am hoping to last the full one next year... I am aware of visa complications etc but I will be looking into this soon!

On our last day we didn't do very much as we both get upset, so said bye to our friends from the jewellers and friends in broadway and thats all we could manage. Our transfer arrived on time and we were taken to Dalaman in perfect timing for going back to Scotland! We waited in the queue for what seemed like forever to check in but this meant less time in the departure area and by the time we got something to drink and walked to our waiting lounge people were getting ready to board the plane!

Like I said before we both miss Icmeler very much and can't wait to get back out there for the season, hopefully others will be happy to meet us over there as thats part of the attraction for me is meeting new people!

So once again, Icmeler did not dissappoint and I am now looking for one way flights outta here! :D
Katieb

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews