The sun tan's fading but the memories won't!

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

The sun tan's fading but the memories won't!

Postby mazz » 21 Sep 2010 20:47

Arrived home early hours Friday morning and I've done nothing but think and talk about Icmeler since getting home... so I thought I may as well write about Icmeler too!

Here's the review of my fortnight, September 2-16 2010.

Our flight from Exeter Airport was on time, very smooth and landed half an hour early with the help of a handy tail wind! The passage through Dalaman was quick and painless – 20 minutes from getting off the aircraft to getting in our transfer car and on our way to Icmeler. The transfer was quick and we were soon feeling the familiar butterflies at our first glimpse of Icmeler bay.

I stayed at the Kapmar Hotel this time and I have to say I was very impressed! This is the first time I’ve stayed there, and will not hesitate in booking to stay there again.
It’s basic, but the rooms are big and clean as are the balconies; bed linen and towels seemed to be changed every other day and everything worked as it should! I had a room at the front of the hotel on the 3rd floor so there was plenty to watch! The only downside was sleeping with the door open there was quite a bit of noise coming from the main road, but I soon got used to it and after a couple of nights didn’t take any notice at all. The pool was great, there were plenty of sun beds and a nice lot of shade late afternoon, all the staff were friendly, all in all I couldn’t fault it!

The whole holiday was very lazy, a fortnight of soaking up the rays and catching up with friends, both Turkish and English.

Days were mostly spent on the Yakamoz beach, where Ibrahim was working as hard as ever looking after everyone. It was lovely to see familiar faces back on the beach too, there are so many people that stick to the same weeks! And it was lovely to make some new friends – in particular a lady who was holidaying with her sister-in-law staying at the Navy Hotel, she reads the forum – so a big Hi from all of us and hope you had a good journey home!

Our favourite restaurants this year were Ozzys and The Wayside which we visited the most. Charlie’s was excellent (opposite the Mandalin) and The Chef was up to its usual high standard, as was Cupids.

Popped into the Magic Garden most nights which is still one of my favourite watering holes, and walked up to the Café Del Mar/Can’s Cafe a few times late evening - there’s nothing like sipping a cold beer just gazing out over Icmeler bay, all lit up, with soft Turkish music playing in the background! Beautiful. Wish I was there NOW!

Had a good night at The Venice with my friend Wicked where we met Markcav from the forum and his wife Tracey, what lovely people…. Loved the dance moves Mark – John Travolta eat your heart out! I have a couple of great photos! Glad you enjoyed your birthday the next day!

The holiday seemed to come to a close all too quickly, I would have quite happily stayed on until the end of October but I’m sure my boss wouldn’t have been impressed! We had a good transfer back to Dalaman and took off 20 minutes early back to Exeter (that’s a first!).

So that’s it for another year, I feel like I’ve left my head and my heart in Icmeler and am just here in body! So the only way to try and get over the Icmeler blues is to get on and plan next year’s trip… so that’s what I’m doing… Let the countdown begin again!

To all you lucky people still to have your holidays have a fabulous time… and if you’ve got room in your suitcase for me, please let me know!!

Mazz
:D
mazz

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews