jayjay 30/07/2010-21/08/2010

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

jayjay 30/07/2010-21/08/2010

Postby jayjay1950 » 25 Aug 2010 15:09

Well we have been home almost a week and i have just about caught up with my washing so i have a bit more time to write my review, although i am not very good at this sort of thing.
We flew from Manchester (first time but never again) the airport was packet out and we was in the queue for about an hour and half.Things went pretty well from this point,not so bad a flight,taxi waiting, quick transfer to apartments (none ICR). The staff greated us like old friends even though it was only our second visit and we had a nice room.One downfall was that the shower wasn't very good, either too hot or too cold but i made do with the help of the big pan lol. The places we went to eat at was, Majestic(our favourite),Prince,Harry Rams,Venice,Sabri's, Dreamboys,Zaza's,Wembly bar,Sony,Waterfall,Erdam Cafe,Nefes Pide, Sinbads,Robin Hood and Friends.We wasn't impressed with Sony but everywhere else the meals were lovely. Prices have gone up a bit since last year but we took that bit extra to cover for it. We only went on the lazy day boat trip this year but it was great, (the bus did have a little crash on the way to the boat and we had to wait for about 10 minutes till they sent another for us, it was scary but no one was hurt) and the two boys did go on jeep safari with a group from the same apartments which they enjoyed very much. The entertainment is just about the same but we still enjoyed it. The weather was hot,a heatwave,so over 50deg most days. Exchange rate was about 2.35.The changes to Icmeler are really nice, love the fountain. Not much hassle,worst for it are the people selling trips, barbers and tattoo parlors. We went to the Wednesday market at Icmeler and the Thursday one at Marmaris, very hot and busy especially at Marmaris. Walked round the castle, we didnt manage to find it last year, lovely views from up there well worth a visit. We also climbed the hill this year to the flag,anyone wanting to do it i would say go as early as you can,take iced water and be prepared for a rough climb but when you do get to the top the view is to die for, its beautiful. All in all we had a fantastic 3 weeks holiday,good food,lovely people and plenty of sun and relaxation,who could want for more. The trip home, after saying our goodbyes to the owner and staff who stayed up to see us off, was uneventful, taxi on time,flight home on time.We did stop off for a tour round Old Trafford (i hate football but kids are man u lovers)before going home which was an extra special supprise for the boys.Our holiday next year is again to Icmeler from Birmingham,same apartments on 6th August till 27th of August and already we are looking foreward to it
jayjay1950

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews