tipsy's holiday

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

tipsy's holiday

Postby tipsy » 19 Jul 2010 19:59

Hi guys, well finnaly, here goes.

Left for manchester airport bright and early. Made really good time, by the time we'd checked in (with no problems atall) had a wander round duty free, had a little drinky poo, it was off we go. The time just seemed to go so quick in the airport.
Our Monach flight left on time, great flight, no problems, only thing I would gripe about was there was no inflight tv. Its been a while since we flew with them, so dont know if this is the norm. Got through passport and visa no problem, quick and efficient and then out to our transfer desk. Found our desk and coach and was away in about 30mins. We did stop off at some some of cafe/shop for what he said would be 5mins, but it was more like 30mins, which was a bit frustrating when all we all wanted to do was get to icmeler.

When we were dropped at our accomodation, Kurt Apartments, seeing as I had done my homework, I knew instantly we were being dropped at the wrong place, they insisted that is was right and I was wrong, and carried on taking our cases out of the coach. The hotel manager came to meet us at the door saying it was our fault we had the accom changed as we booked it too late????? ( This, our only holiday of the year was booked back in nov!) We told him this, then he said the other apartments were full, and they were helping them out! Well why not just say that in the first place - no problem. Instead of blaming us. Not a good start.
We were quickly shuffled into the office where we got our air con, £35 p.w and safe £10 p.w. Whilst I was getting my cash out to pay for them, the manager (mr.kurt jnr) said "If you want you can give me 35lira each now for the boat trip Im running next week. Dont bother going else where, they're all rubbish." I declined politley, went straight to the room.
The apartments are lovely, they really are. Absolutly spotless!! Everything you need, and very spacious.
The pool area is great also, plenty of sunbeds and the bar and restaurant area at hand aswell. We ate there a few times and found the food to be great, average prices, as with the drinks, all average prices.
We had two gripes with these wonderful apartments firstly was the constant hard sell we got from mr.kurt jnr to spend money with him whether it be on food, drink or the trips he has available. Which, were at least 20lira more expensive than everywhere else. Secondly, on our first evening we were enjoying a drink from the bar. The barman, Murat, asked where were our husbands, i then went on to explain that we were a lesbian couple and that we had been together 14 wonderful years. That was a big mistake. We Were told that wasnt right, we were not normal, we wernt right in the head, whats the point, when you dont have children, and women are for giving birth, and cleaning!!! Obviously in shock, and a little annoyed to say the least, especially as I was a little nervous about giving a reaction atall, I explained that in the uk, it was ok, and that we were leagally married. He went to the other staff muttering something or other, and we were never spoken to again for the two weeks. To the point that we had to even ask for our change for drinks food etc. He would then, not slam it, but put it down shall we say quite hard on the end of the table.!! Nice eh, nice and welcoming. Its such a shame, cos its such a lively place.
Any way, enough of the bad.

Food, and Drink, my favourite subject....Places that stick in my mind were,
Ven - ice - first night meal and pretty nice too
Wayside - pre ordered the fish baked in salt, waiter didnt really know what he was doing, the food and atmosphere was great, but thought it was a bit overpriced compared with everywhere else.
Lighthouse - The best steak we've had in a long long time, great setting.
Romance - This was a great night out. Not overpriced, but because of the entertainment you got, it was a great value for money fun night out.
Lal - Chilled out quiet traditional place with traditional food, beautifully cooked.
Robon Hood - Cheap un fussy food and good prices and good beer.
3 Bells (christmassy one) - Geat food and grat bunch of guys, no hassel, nohing too much trouble, free internet and a nice little pool at the back too.
Harry Rams - Good fish and chips, I work in a fish chip restaurant, so i could go on forever, but I wont. Lovely old guy there who told us some great stories!!! had us laughing for ages.
Ozzys - Had the sea bream special and it was beautiful. There was only four tables in there including us, but somehow, we had 4 glasses of coke added to our bill?? We didnit drink any coke, only efes. ??
Bahar pizza - A little local pizza and pide place round the corner form lovestar. OH MY GOD, they have the best pide ever!!!
Cafe del Mar - Only for drinks, went with commo and his good lady, well worth the walk just for the views, thanks cummo
Harmony bar - Stella show, good fun night out.

We booked a turkish bath and jeep safari with icr. Had the turkish bath on the first day, and was so impressed with it we booked again for the following week with a longer massage, unfortunatly, on the first night, mrs tipsy, fell in the shower, seconds after the powecut, fell and was badly bruised, too sore for another massage. :( Jeep safari was just the best day out, so much fun!! if you get a chance to see the blue fish do it, they're beautiful. You have to look veru carefully though.
Also did the mudbaths and turtle beach and atlantis water park, both fantastic days out.

As mentioned we met up with the wonderful cummo and his equally wonderful wife, who introduced us to Sabris bar, and havana bar with the nutter that is zaza! Forgive me if I got it the worong way round, also to cafe del mar. It was a pleasure to meet them both, really.
I cant mention all the places we had a drink, Id be on here all night :lol:

Transfer back to dalaman was brilliant was there in hr and 15. checked in to find a 3hr delay, which meant that we got to watch the world cup final in the airport. ha ha. Dont think Iv ever been in a more expensive airport.!!

Finally took off after 3.3 hr, Home very jaded, but very happy :D :D

Icmeler is a stunning place with some amazing people, the backdrop of the mountains that surround icmeler, give it that dramatic, yet naturally beautiful effect. We had an absolute ball!!
We've had a bit of a rough 12-18 month, and we laughed till we had belly ache, chilled out like you wouldnt believe, and slept like babies, that in itslef is amazing. Icmeler certainly worked its charm there!
But, we could not relax or be ourselves 100%, and that matters.

It would not stop us going to icmeler again, just next time, we'll be a little more prepared!! :D

Many thanks to you all. the holiday would not of been as good as it was if it wasnt for everyone. thanks again, xxxxxx
tipsy

Location: southport - up north, just past bleanau ffestiniog!

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews