Posted for JudyIan

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

Posted for JudyIan

Postby JT » 26 Jun 2010 11:33

recently returned home
by judyian » 26 Jun 2010 06:12 am

got back home on wed 23/6,,after 2 glorious weeks in icmeler & would like to thank alan & all the staff at icr for arranging our trips out,,we did the surf & turf boat trip twice & a jeep safari,, all the trips were excellent value for money and a brilliant laugh,i will not hesitate in booking with them again next july when we return to icmeler..
we met some lovely scots couples on the boat trip,,steve & leslie from glasgow,,and john & june from aberdeen,,who made is feel welcome ..
we stayed in the private hotel ,,our room was cleaned every other day,the beds were made every day,,the sheets were changed 5 times during our stay,,something i have not come accross before,,the bar area was ok but the manager was IMO rubbish,,as was the 1 meal we had there,,but to be fair,,other guests had eaten there & said there food was nice..we had to stay in the roof as the hotel was full,,so the manager GAVE US THE AIRCON,FREE for the 2 weeks,,they promised to move us as soon as another room became free,,but after 3 days we were used to the roof room & had unpacked,,we did not want the bother of moving rooms so we told them we would stay put,,the rooms were huge,compared to other rooms we have had in turkey & the shower could have fitted 4 people in it..the safety deposit boxes are downstairs at the side of the reception and cost £25,00 for the 2 weeks,,the pool is large & while we were there you could get around it [ well for the 1st week anyway ]..
we ate in the jasmin [ excellent ] a few times,,the florida [also excellent],the tandoori sizzler [excellent] the bamboo [ really good] plus loads of others ,,we never really had a bad meal anywhere,,which is unusual..
the price of EFES ranged from 3-5.5 lira,,the price of vodka & cokes ranged from 5 -9 lira a tall glass,,but a few places [ i am not namimg ] tried to get away with the vodka on the rim trick,,so i sent them back [ politely ], and asked them to put some vodka in ,which they did,,the service was excellent everywhere..
the hassling side of things still goes on,BUT it is no-where near as bad as it was 4 years ago [ the last time we visited icmeler ]if anything we found the barbers & trip sellers a lot worse than the restaurant people,,but for most of them a POLITE no thanks suffices..
the beach is really clean,,the sunbeds cost you 2.5 lira per person per day,,i personally think this system is much better than the free beds system,,because if you pay for your sunbed,,they cannot stop you going for your water,,ice creams.ect yourself,,whereas if they are free you are usually tied into the cafe/bar at the back of the beach..
while we were there the irish bar & the one at the other side of the jasmin was closed down for 3 days for excessive noise,,so the noise levels are policed ,& the police came back 2 days later to check & see that they were not trading.
we went to the wednesday market,but tbh we never bought anything because it is the same price everywhere..
we hope this helps whoever is going to icmeler & reads this as we budgeted £100 per day,,and we did everything we wanted to do [ including spending over £100.00 on presents ] and still never managed to spend it...
JUDYIAN.,;;,.
JT
Admin
Admin

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews