My Review 3 - 17 July

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

My Review 3 - 17 July

Postby blondie2211 » 29 Jul 2008 09:37

Well, finally getting round to doing my review!

Arrived in Dalaman at 4.20am, had booked a transfer but there was no coach...waited about 30 minutes (mananged to smoke a few ciggies) until it arrived then we were told we had to wait for the next flight to get in. Eventually got to the hotel at 9.40am!! So wish we hadn't bothered.

The hotel was terrible it was Galeria Park Hotel. When we booked it I asked if it was suitable for people with disabilities and was told yes, two of my party is disabled and my sister uses crutches 24/7, they had 2 lifts and one was out of order and the other broke down 3 times in a few hours - twice with my poor sister inside it.

They had us in an annexe out the back and we had to go over a steep bridge to get there, as you come off all the paving slabs are all broken - I'm able bodied and even I struggled. It is extremely dangerous.

The beds were ok if you were 10 or 11 years old, but for big strapping men like my husband and dad it was terrible. the rooms were disgusting, toilet, wall and shower cubicle were that close together I couldn't lift my elbows let alone my hubby use it! My son went into his bathroom and there were big beasts falling through the slatted ceiling. Holiday rep was as much use as a chocolate teapot in the Icmeler heat. The guys in the bar next door were better help!

Managed to change hotels at 7pm, it was a very long and stressful day and by the time we got to the new hotel we were £560 lighter on the pocket - that's how much we were charged to move hotel.

Can't fault the one we moved to - absolutely beautiful and staff were all first class. Going back to this hotel next year.

Apart from that, we had a good holiday. Plenty of sunbathing, my son and his pal were never out the pool or off the waterslides. We went to see the Stella Show - we were Stella Virgins! - strongly recommend it, absolutely fantastic. my husband and dad were a bit dubious about going in case there was audience participation - but I've never seen either of them laugh so much in a long time. Brill.

Didn't do any excursions this year, the first hotel we were supposed to stay in was all inclusive and the one we moved to was BB, so after forking out £560 to move and having to buy the rest of our meals and drinks we were watching the pennies.

But we had many laughs along the way, met up with some old friends which is always wonderful. We mostly ate in Champagne Bar, Mario's, Savvas Cafe Anne, The Chef, Florida Bar and the hotel restaurant (which I must say was lovely and very cheap). We went to a Turkish night and even my husband was up belly dancing.

All-in-all once we got past the first day, we had a wonderful holiday. Met up with old friends and made new ones along the way and that is always nice. I cried like a baby when it was time to leave :oops: And cannot wait to return next year.
blondie2211

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews