Just back - my review!

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

Just back - my review!

Postby blondie » 29 Jun 2008 10:09

Ok - just arrived back this morning after our second visit to paradise! Great holiday - but weather very very hot indeed. We were told that on a couple of days towards the end of the week, it was reaching 38 int he shade and around 50 on the beach! Phew!
Stayed at the Dursun Apartments - ideal for our needs and good location. The Holiday restaurant next door turned out to be a regular haunt and the food was very good. Also had the lovely leg of lamb at the Titanic (definitely worth ordering the day before), but our favourite was the Lemon Tree.
First visited Icmeler (and Turkey itself, for that matter) last October, and were delighted to find that many of those we met then remembered us. We were greeted like old friends at the Hotel Eda, run by the family who used to run the Esenkoy where we stayed in October. You just don't get that kind of genuine warmth and friendliness elsewhere.
All credit to ICR - transfers etc all great. Wouldn't hesitate to book with you again - staff all very friendly and helpful.
All in all, had a great, chill-out, do nothing, drink a lot kind of holiday. Daughter and her friend (both 17) had a great time, although daughter was tearful at having to be dragged away from her new dancer/barman friend - let's just just Icmeler holds even more attraction for her now! (Thought I might be going home with a Turkish son-in-law at one point... :lol: )
Only low point was the fact that we were only there for the one week - just not long enough, but we're hoping to return for another week maybe in September or October.
Sorry for rambling on, but I'm turning into a total Icmelerite now! :lol:
blondie

Advertisement

Postby Misspiggy » 29 Jun 2008 11:17

Hi and welcome back. Great review we just got back a week ago and it was in the 40 then very hot indeed don't think I could have stuck another week if it had turned that hot :?

Glad you had a great time. You are right they welcome you back and its lovely to know that they remember you its make the holiday worthwhile I think seeing all the friends you have made the year before.

Oh bless must have been hard for your daughter. No doubt she will be making you book for later in the year :D

Keep us informed

Mandy
Misspiggy

Postby tania » 29 Jun 2008 11:48

Hi Blondie

Loved reading your review and see that you have been bitten by the Icmeler bug now just like the rest of us! Bet you're not happy to be back to the dismal weather we are having here in Midlothian!

Tania
tania

Postby blondie » 29 Jun 2008 11:53

Absolutely, Tania! Just put on the umpteenth load of washing and daughter and I are sitting around more than a bit depressed at being back here. Although it was so hot in Icmeler last week, and I've got both the sunburn and insect bites to show for it, I'd have loved to be able to stay another week. Can't believe it took us to so long to discover Icmeler, but it'll be pretty hard to beat now!
blondie

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews