steve's review

Holiday reviews submitted by real holidaymakers

Moderator: blondie

steve's review

Postby steve.crowe » 17 Jun 2008 01:17

just got back from 2 glorious weeks in Icmeler. As we were staying in a non ICR apartment I wont mention them but wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone. Clean, safe and very efficient staff.

2 weeks of glorious sunshine were only spoiled by ignoring all safety advice and getting a bit sunstroked on day 4. So, anyone who saw me wandering about Icmeler wearing a bandana should be aware that I had a bl***y sore burn on my head (unlike my friend Lee who thought I looked like a smurf).

We went scuba diving, still haven't decided if this is a once in a lifetime thing or not but will give it a go again next year. We also did the obligatory jeep safari which just gets better and wetter every year. Boat trips this year were, unfortunately, a big disappointment for us. The first one involved being picked up at 9.20 in a crowded mini bus and driven around the streets of Icmeler for over an hour. When we stopped round the corner from our apartments I thought "bu**er this" and stomped off the bus. Another trip resulted in a sail to the fish farm, phosphorus cave Turunc and only 40 minutes of swim stops. I have to say both tour operators were gems and we had full refunds.

Too many restaurants to mention but notable return visits were made to the Mandalin where, as usual, the meals are excellent and a good price.

The planned meet up on the 8th was a great success for those that turned up. Special thanks to Jemini who, despite her unfortunate news, made the unneeded effort to turn up and apologise for not attending. Those who were there had a great time including Tony and Donna's engagement :lol: :lol: :lol: . Photos of the night were taken and shall be submitted in evidence at a later hearing.

Due to a certain young man in our family taking a more than healthy interest in a young lady, we were dragged along to Deniz Kapizi for more nights than we would have intended. We enjoyed every minute there and can'not praise the staff enough.
Lee (heat & breeze) is now D.J. ing and dancing and he insisted that every night I sing sweet home Alabama, sometimes twice a night. In fact, one slow night, he just kept queuing up so many songs for me that I thought Mr Tekin should pay me wages. Videos of Lee and I are on myspace.com/steveacrowe and youtube channel steveacrowe.

Anyway, I could ramble all night but suffice to say that once again we had a wonderful time in Icmemer. The people who work so hard for us holidaymakers are angels. All are friendly and some are true friends. Without them Icmeler is nothing

Lee. Queue up "sweet home Alabama" I'm coming "home" in September.
Last edited by steve.crowe on 17 Jun 2008 10:53, edited 1 time in total.
steve.crowe

Advertisement

Postby reesy1959 » 17 Jun 2008 01:59

Great review Steve, it was lovely to meet you and your Family at Vince's.

You are up late, or should I say early - I am in work, first nightshift back since Icmeler. I know where I would rather be.
reesy1959

Postby red wine » 17 Jun 2008 07:54

great review steve
sounds like you had a lovely time in paradise :D
look forward to your photos :D
red wine

Postby andrea m » 17 Jun 2008 08:04

Sounds like you definately had a good time pity about boat trips though.

Makes me wish even more that I was there and not here in work bored rigid.

Andrea
andrea m

Postby ochlynda » 17 Jun 2008 13:38

Fab review Steve and loved the video.

Lynda
ochlynda

Postby Jemini » 18 Jun 2008 19:38

Thank you so much Steve. I would loved to have stayed but i didnt want to spoil everyones night with being upset. I will keep you all updated on my Dad and hope all your prayers and well wishes come true for him. Your a star and once again thank you for the mention. It was only polite to call and let you all know my reason. Cant wait for the pics. Happy hols. Take care. Jem xxxx
Jemini

Advertisement

Postby kazz59 » 18 Jun 2008 20:36

Great review Steve, glad you enjoyed your hols.

Karen
kazz59

Postby tania » 18 Jun 2008 20:55

Great review Steven and great singing too!

Tania
tania

Postby karlee » 19 Jun 2008 08:15

Great review steve,enjoyed reading it.
Loved the video,looks like you and lee had a lot of fun doing that.
Karlee
karlee

• Advertisement

Return to Holiday Reviews