Walk To The Flag

Photo Gallery for Icmeler, Marmaris and Turunc.

Moderator: blondie

Walk To The Flag

Postby JT » 02 Jun 2010 07:40

As it happens in Icmeler this morning.
Outside the oficein Icmeler centre
Walking to the flag
Outside Tommys bar
Travelling Scot Rab seems to be the only person who took the route suggested for best photo's
Image[IMG]
Blondies husband Ian makes the flag from the path side with Travelling Scot nearly there from the front
Travelling Scot at the top with Ian
Big ken and John made it now
JT
Admin
Admin

Advertisement

Re: Walk To The Flag

Postby Sharon Liverpool » 02 Jun 2010 08:57

Well how did Pancho do????

Well done to all who did the walk, I bet you can't wait to do it again now that you have seen the views.

A special well done goes to Rab, you took the ICR Route, three cheers to you.
Sharon Liverpool

Postby Colette » 02 Jun 2010 12:46

Good to see Pancho getting in training :lol: :lol:

well done everyone who climbed, you all need a medal :lol:
Colette

Postby travelingscot52 » 02 Jun 2010 14:20

Here are a few pics more from the walk I would like to say that everyone who went up there today climbed the face but just round the corner out of photo range for john no one used the path if thats what you can call it that we all returned on but on my part a special congratulations go to gene (redrhino)and anne what a feat they made my day seeing their determination well done

connection bad i will put more on when i get home
travelingscot52

Postby LynnJenny » 02 Jun 2010 15:57

well done everyone hope david took some photos from up their the views look amazing
LynnJenny

Postby Colette » 02 Jun 2010 17:05

The views look stunning, must be the best view in icmeler up there I reckon.
Colette

Advertisement

Postby [email protected] » 02 Jun 2010 17:21

may do that walk myself with the caveman!!!! 8) although I cant see the present Mrs Cross getting off the beach for long enough to make it!!! :D :D
[email protected]

Postby Zeynep1985 » 02 Jun 2010 20:19

A huge well done to all of those that made it up to the flag today. I was so jealous of you all while sat at my desk at work. Would much rather have been climbing up that mountain again. Bring on October. Well done again. Myself and mum both booked a turkish bath with icr later on the day we went up. I am sure thats how come we did not feel so bad the next day. Just an idea for the next couple of days. Enjoy the rest of your stay guys. :)
Zeynep1985

Postby blondie » 03 Jun 2010 11:02

They all did a fantastic job, and rest assured, no-one had an "easy" route up to that flag. However, I would just like to point out that, personally speaking, I think Elaine (travellingscot's wife) and I, had the hardest job of all - we had to sit at Tommys and put up with John's moaning.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

It was a tough job, but someone had to do it....

Seriously though, well done to each and every one who made it to that flag - and for anyone planning to try it, just be aware that long trousers and decent footwear are a must. Pancho was a star too - poor mutt was knackered by the time he got back to Tommys.
blondie

Postby Katiehutchinson_1991 » 03 Jun 2010 11:13

yeah the views do look stunning
well done to everyone that did the climb :)
and thanks for the pictures
xxxxx
Katiehutchinson_1991

Postby Sharon Liverpool » 03 Jun 2010 20:35

I have to agree that Elaine and Blondie did have the hardest job, putting up with John's moaning at Tommy's bar, I have been putting up with it for a long time. :lol: :lol:

I take back my comment about the ICR Route, (we took that route by default, :oops: as we didn't know of any other way up)

Everyone did a great job, Anne you are a star!! Hope John had a pint of Efes waiting for you.
Sharon Liverpool

Advertisement

Postby LynnJenny » 03 Jun 2010 20:39

bet david was in the bar all afternoon after that walk just spoke to him hes drunk :lol: :lol: hes booked for us to go the tak of the town sunday night
LynnJenny

Postby reesy1959 » 06 Jun 2010 12:39

Well done to everyone on getting to the flag. Great pics.
reesy1959

Postby Silverfox BC » 06 Jun 2010 12:48

Well done to everyone who did the climb, we were with you all the way, albeit from a lying position on our sunbeds by the pool, but we did sit up and wave to you when you got there. We couldn't stand the thought of John's moaning all morning so didnt get to base camp for that reason. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Silverfox BC

Postby julier » 08 Jun 2010 09:40

omg i was there we were in tommys while you were all gathering and watched them til they got to the top well done guys and dolls it was some walk we did think about it but then...... we had another effes :) by the way the dog was megga cute in his t shirt :) xx
julier
New User
New User

Postby redrhino12 » 20 Jun 2010 16:47

Ann and David.
I couldnt get the flag in the picture because I was on my knees with exhaustion.

Gene
redrhino12

Advertisement

Postby redrhino12 » 20 Jun 2010 16:56

This was half way up,we didnt know if it was easier to go back or forge on ahead on our hands and knees. :shock:

redrhino12

Postby JT » 21 Jun 2010 06:56

Well done to you all
JT
Admin
Admin

Postby LynnJenny » 21 Jun 2010 20:52

you all must be fit i could never do it come on john its about time you did it david will help you :lol: :lol:
LynnJenny

Postby pdbartlett » 07 Jul 2010 09:38

Hi all!

Apologies for the delay in posting these, but no sooner had I got back than I was back-and-forth to hospital after being diagnosed with carpal tunnel syndrome.

First off thanks to all who came on the "walk" for making it almost enjoyable - which is saying something given the terrain :D And to anyone who's thinking of doing it then please do heed all the advice above. I had sensible shoes but wore shorts, and my legs did not appreciate the gorse one little bit, and it's completely impossible to avoid it. It is also more of a scramble than a walk in places, so if you have any doubts then it might be worth going the "path" route. If nothing else at least you have the option of coming back down that way. Once we were about a third of the way up we had already scrambled up some pieces that would be extremely tricky to go back down, so in some ways the "easiest" route was to continue to the top first.

My final piece of advice, and source of personal embarrassment, is to take your time with photos at the top. After lugging my DSLR+tripod all the way up I quickly rattled off what I thought would be an excellent panorama but in fact turned out to be nine completely white pictures as I used the wrong settings :( Luckily some did come out, though, which I've posted below, but I can't help thinking I'd have been better off taking Rosie's point-and-shoot instead :D

Also thank you to no-one for pointing out the strange effect that Tommy's and/or Efes seems to have had on my walking speed. I was last up the hill, but (with Ian) first down. Strange that :D

- Paul.
Last edited by pdbartlett on 15 Jul 2010 18:30, edited 1 time in total.
pdbartlett

• Advertisement

Next

Return to Photo Gallery.