Portofino Restaurant

Click to enter the holiday forum for both Marmaris and Turunc.

Moderators: blondie, Rami Off Work

Portofino Restaurant

Postby clare » 25 May 2006 22:23

Hi all, has anyone heard of the Portofino Restaurant, my friend keeps telling me to try there when I go in August, but she cannot quite remember where it is in Marmaris. If anyone has been there please let me know what it is like and where I can find it.

clare

Advertisement

Postby tracy w » 27 May 2006 15:16

Hi Claire portifino's is my fav restaurant, just to confuse you more it used to be opposite long beach apts nr caria hospital but this year it has moved to nr mcdonalds im sure youll find it if you walk that stretch of road. it is worth a visit it is always busy so may have to wait for a table the food is great the owner is turkish and has a scotish wife with two little kids they are such lovely people cant wait to visit again when i go in july....ps the sunday lunch and the fish and chips are to die for and you get a free drink......hope this helps tracy
tracy w
New User
New User

portofino restaurant

Postby clare » 29 May 2006 22:22

thanks for that Tracey I will pay it a visit when I go in August, will you let me know what it is like when you have visited it in July, have a great holiday, but hey you are going to turkey so I know you will have a good time.

Thanks
clare

Portofino

Postby Tayto » 31 May 2006 07:22

Hi,
Just back from marmaris and glad i came across this restaurant which is owned by Michelle from scotland, very nice setting ,comfortable ,friendly ,good food and very reasonable prices. couldnt recommend highly enough. hard to explain how to get there ,but not far frombig new shopping mall that the locals call the centrum. Or a taxi the first night should`nt be expensive.
Enjoy

Kevin
Tayto
New User
New User

Postby andy robinson » 11 Jul 2008 15:35

Hello , we went to the Portofino in June , had a lovely meal , the fish and chips are excellent ,,, and let me tell you i am a connasuir (even if i cannot spell it - LOL) of fish and chips , if you are travelling from the centre of Marmaris on the dolmus the Portofino is on the right , it is not easily reconised so look for ANDYS BAR and its next to that ,
They had just installed a system that spray a fine spray of water all over the outside the seated area , very refreshing ... i am sure you will enjoy it.

Also if you go further along the road on the dolmus (actually about a mile past Migros , look for the 'Magic Garden' restaurant , the food and the staff are excellent ....

Enjoy ,, i'm sure you will ......
andy robinson

• Advertisement

Return to Marmaris - Turunc Holiday Forum