Turunc

Click to enter the holiday forum for both Marmaris and Turunc.

Moderators: blondie, Rami Off Work

Turunc

Postby Chris » 06 May 2009 19:49

For the last 6 years we have done the all day boat trips,and last year was the first time we stopped off at Turunc on one,really enjoyed it there.Thanks Penny for the info,we will do the taxi boat there and get the bus back,treated myself to a lovely leather coat there last year :)
Chris

Advertisement

Postby LynnJenny » 19 May 2009 14:08

we did it as part of a trip but only got about 2 hours not long enough what a lovely little place
LynnJenny

Postby Sue » 01 Jun 2009 17:27

we spent 5 days there last week as it was so lovely
Sue

Postby dksbbs » 01 Jun 2009 19:57

Monday

We decided to go for a wander, but to where? we had a small conference and decided we would get the water taxi to Turunc and have lunch, the water taxi was 15 Lira return each, they let the 8 and 12 year old go free, boats appear to run from Icmeler ever hour and back from Turunc every half past the hour, the last boat back was scheduled at 16:30. We arrived in Turunc about 12:30, had a walk along the beach and the went in to the back streets where we all had donner kebabs and drinks, Turunc is definitely slightly more expensive than Icmeler. Following lunch we went to the beach for a couple of hours, sun beds are 3TL each and you pay the council man who gives you a ticket. The sand was so hot we ended wearing our sandals down to the waters edge for a swim, here the beach is very stoney and if like me you don’t stand on your feet all day they could be quite painful but it was worth it for our first swim in the sea. Airing on the side of caution we decided to get the penultimate water taxi back to Icmeler at 15:30, it was a nice afternoon excursion and I would recommend anyone to do the same, This was my 6th visit to Icmeler but first to Turunc.

The above is taken from my review in 2008.

Dave
dksbbs

• Advertisement

Previous

Return to Marmaris - Turunc Holiday Forum