Marmaris in general

Click to enter the holiday forum for both Marmaris and Turunc.

Moderators: blondie, Rami Off Work

Marmaris in general

Postby Colette » 19 Mar 2006 13:22

Well ok I felt a bit sorry for Marmaris, as it has 0 posts :D

Personally I spend all my time in Icmeler and don't visit Marmaris unless I have to.

I stayed there twice, both times near or on the main road, the noise was unbearable.

I love the Marina area down the bottom end and all the wooden boats :D
Colette

Advertisement

Postby redrhino12 » 19 Mar 2006 13:36

I did wonder why no one had posted here Colette.
My daughter when she comes to Icmeler spends most of her time in Marmaris,she says the nightlife is much better.
We to spend at least one night there this being at The Talk Of The Town
thats right the drag show absolutely brilliant night out.
Also like to get to the Atlantis waterpark for a day of fun and frolics.

Gene
redrhino12

Postby TIMUK » 19 Mar 2006 13:59

Sue & Emma hated it because it took them 30 minutes to cross the Road by the Statue :shock:

So it's Icmeler for us, just about right, not too busy and not too quiet :wink:

Regards,

TIMUK.
TIMUK

marmaris

Postby JMReAlLuV » 19 Mar 2006 14:56

Ive been to marmaris once and the other 5 times ive just stayed in icmeler! WE tend to go over to marmaris once or twice while staying in icmeler to visit the atlantic waterpark and have a mcdonalds :P It is a lovely place but i tend to enjoy icmeler more! WE had our favourite bar in marmaris it was called the 'Turtle Bar' it was fantastic (dancing on the bare, kareoke and a lookalike tarkan)but since going back it is not the same so we tend to not visit marmaris because our favourite bar has changed!! :roll:
JMReAlLuV
New User
New User

Postby andy » 23 Mar 2006 19:22

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but due to a personal experience, if you do go into marmaris whatever you do, do not have a meal down by the harbour as you will get ripped off big style.
andy

Postby marks » 24 Mar 2006 10:43

Andy

I agree, we went to Marmaris for a meal and sat upstairs at the Marina. Lovely view etc etc, we only had basic meals, nothing special, but got charged for a meal we didn't even have ! My meal even arrived when everyone else had finished. We could have ate at the Lighthouse in Icmeler for 3 days for what it eventually cost us. At least we would have known that the service and food is faultless... You live and learn, maybe they were having a bad day in Marmaris.. Never again !!!!!
marks

Advertisement

Postby dee » 29 Mar 2006 08:31

Have eaten by the marina a number of times never had a problem maybe you were just unlucky! Does tend to be bit more expensive than icmeler.
dee

Postby xKirstyAndRochellex » 14 Apr 2006 16:48

marmaris is a great place in turkey to go. used to be great for nightlife but the divvies knocked the best pubs down to build hotels!!! gormless or what !! lol icmeler used to be known as a very quiet place but when we wwere there last september it seemed to be livlier than marmaris and we had a brilliant time!! i think its because theyve knocked the great pubs down that we used to go into alot. but marmaris is still good and we go may 19th!! roll on!! we'll be going to icmeler though on a couple of nights because some of our turkish friends have gone to icmeler to work rather than marmaris. any1 going around the same time as us send us a message!! luv rochelle and kirsty x
xKirstyAndRochellex
New User
New User

Postby Colette » 30 Apr 2006 18:43

I have to say I love the Marina there, didn't get to it last year ( ran out of time) but will be going this year, love nosing around it :D

Some lovely views and photo oppertunities from the little bridge to it :D
Colette

Postby sophia » 01 May 2006 18:35

Went to Marmaris the first time we went to Icmeler, for a day, But didnt bother on our next two visits! I much prefer Icmeler and would never consider staying in Marmaris x
sophia

Postby Gunny » 14 May 2006 00:09

Well i love Marmaris!
Always stay in the armutalan district which is about 20 mins walk from the centre,much quiter at night(yes you get to sleep no bother).
But still plenty of bars and restruants its like a little town all of it own.
If anyone is thinking of staying at Club Torquoise im the man to ask :D

LOVIN IT
Gunny
New User
New User

Advertisement

Postby Colette » 14 May 2006 18:52

Gunny welcome to our forum :D

Put up a review of Club Turquoise if you want?
Colette

Postby coolingblonde38 » 15 May 2006 20:07

We are going to marmaris a week on sunday :lol: , however icmeler is a lot nicer :) we are going because we got a good deal :oops:
coolingblonde38

• Advertisement

Return to Marmaris - Turunc Holiday Forum