Marmaris Dogs home

Click to enter the holiday forum for both Marmaris and Turunc.

Moderators: blondie, Rami Off Work

Marmaris Dogs home

Postby stevefaragher » 17 Jul 2008 07:54

As mentioned in an earlier message we went to the dogs (home) last week in marmaris, just to see all the poor abandoned dogs shoot some video and make a small donation. If you have the time on your holiday and like dogs then call in and speak to erol who will show you around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mz8vz6gwvCY

the youtube video is here and it will also be going on Turkeytube

and just incase you are wondering that is Hulan Uluc presenting the video, and he ahs a really good scouse accent
stevefaragher
New User
New User

Advertisement

marmaris dogs home

Postby marjorie arnold » 17 Jul 2008 11:29

Thanks Steve for a very moving and enlightening video,it breaks my heart to see so many abandoned dogs, but the chap does seem to look after them as well as he can. Is the home run totally on donations or does it have any sort of council grant?
marjorie arnold

Postby Colette » 17 Jul 2008 11:39

Fantastic Steve, great footage, and what a lovely guy to look after the dogs.

I was going to ask the same as Marjorie, does Marmaris Council get involved and help out?

I heard the major of Fethiye was meant to be holding talks with the council regarding the cats and dogs problem in and around Marmaris / Icmeler
Colette

Postby JT » 17 Jul 2008 11:54

I found that place in May after looking for a tow truck as that was where the garage used to be.

I was amazed at how many dogs were there and also how friendly to each other they were.

That is a good place to donate to
JT
Admin
Admin

Postby w3ndy » 17 Jul 2008 12:06

Great video Steve and very informative I didn't know the dogs home was there. I read your blog about how you came across the puppy, what a lovely story. I was amazed too at how friendly they all are seeing as how they're all penned in together. ,
w3ndy

Postby reesy1959 » 17 Jul 2008 12:39

I have not watched the video yet as I am in work :cry:

I am not surprised at the friendliness - after all, they are Turkish, where else do you find the friendliness :lol: :lol:
reesy1959

Advertisement

Postby salford_steve » 17 Jul 2008 17:03

Awww arent they nice. I am going to go visit next time. I'll probably want to adopt one ha ha.

Steve
salford_steve

gone to the dogs

Postby stevefaragher » 17 Jul 2008 19:58

From what I can gather council Beleydeysi of Marmaris pays for the dogs home but there is a friends of the dogs home who supplement it in some way (fund raising dinners etc) The buildings were all done up three years ago, and erol and his mate are council employees.

It would great if we could set up a visitors fund, ie you go over there and
make donation. I walkrescued dogs from a centre near Liverpool, it would be could if that sort of thing could happen there, as well as seeing if it was possible to send some of the dogs to the UK for adoption (would be costly I think) the Istanbul home does this. If any english people who live could get me individaul photos and names I could put a web site together with profiles of each dog....and we could virtually adopt them and maybe make doantions that way???

If you go make sure erol knows you area only visiting I think he thought we wanted to take one home (could have took half a dozen really as there was lot of big soft dogs as you can see)
stevefaragher
New User
New User

video remix

Postby stevefaragher » 17 Jul 2008 23:34

stevefaragher
New User
New User

Postby Frank » 06 Aug 2008 12:16

Do you have the address for the dogs home in Marmaris?
Frank
New User
New User

• Advertisement

Return to Marmaris - Turunc Holiday Forum