Flamingo Hotel

Click to enter the holiday forum for both Marmaris and Turunc.

Moderators: blondie, Rami Off Work

Flamingo Hotel

Postby andy robinson » 18 May 2008 18:30

Off to marmaris in 3 ,yes 3 weeks , staying at the Flamingo Hotel in the sitler area , does anyone have any pics of the hotel or surrounding area.
We are also celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary while we are there , suggestions please of what to do to make it special , i thought we'd start the day with a turkish bath , then we are going to buy each other a bit of jewellery (recomendations of jewellers to visit) , then we want somewhere nice to have our evening meal ,,,,, appreciate any feedback ,,, anyone who's on msn messenger are welcome to get in touch .... cheers ...Andy
andy robinson

Advertisement

Flamingo Hotel

Postby Chris » 18 May 2008 23:40

There are some nice restaurants around the marina we have tried but cant remember the names,but for a 25th wedding aniversary,I can recommend the Love Boat in Icmeler for that special evening,so different,you wont be disappointed with it.Icmeler is only about 10 min on a dolmus from Marmaris.
Chris

Postby andy robinson » 19 May 2008 18:49

thanks chris , will it up on net , is it on the dolmus route ? do you know anything about the flamingo ? last time we were in marmaris about 4 years ago we used to got to Mustis bar in the armutulan area ,, a great bar with 'mad attilla' looking forward to going back there ....thanks for the reply
andy robinson

Postby Colette » 19 May 2008 19:05

I only know of one Flamingo Hotel in Marmaris, it was on the beachfront, don't think its the same on you are asking about though :?
Colette

Flamingo Hotel

Postby Chris » 19 May 2008 19:34

Sorry Andy dont know where the Flaming is.Take the orange dolmus from the main road in Marmaris to Icmeler,we get off by ICR office and I think The Love Boat is down the road opposite next to Devalmi Hotel,we went to eat there last year,so different to any other restaurant,the waiters are dressed in white uniforms,lovely table linen,cloth napkins,all the little extras,you will never find a place like this back home,superb,and only a couple of lira each more than other restaurants,not sure but I think we payed about 25 lira each for a fillet steak,about £10.
Chris

Postby andy robinson » 19 May 2008 19:48

hi collette , the flamingo we are lead to beleive is on the beach front ,,, but thats all we know about it ...
andy robinson

Advertisement

Postby Colette » 20 May 2008 09:16

The one I know of is next door to The Tropical Hotel ( I stayed in the tropical) The Flamingo was refurbished to a good standard since I went, and the pool area and bar area was all re done, it looked lovely. But not sure if its the same one, It's up the Icmeler end of the marmaris strip ?
Colette

Postby Kerry k » 20 May 2008 09:31

Flamingo hotel is in Siteler on the main road at one side and the poolside is at the beach. The dolmus goes right by the front of the hotel and there is either the Marmaris dolmus which takes you to the centre or the Icmeler dolmus which takes you into Icmeler! The Netsel marina is nice for a romantic meal and most of the jewellers in the bazaar are good as there is a lot of competition just be sure to barter!
Kerry k

Postby celine2002uk » 20 May 2008 21:11

Hi the Flamingo Hotel we have seen is just before you get to Icmeler its just before Caprice Beach Hotel on main strip going towards Icmeler

And going towards Marmaris it is after the Lydia Hotel

:D
celine2002uk

Postby andy robinson » 24 Jun 2008 18:06

Just back from 2 weeks at the Flamingo Hotel , here goes , we have just had a wonderful 2 weeks holiday , the flamingo hotel is EXCELLENT , we had had a marvellous sea view , hotel is very very clean, the staff are great (especially Adam , the turkish wolves fan ) the food is good , it is a prime location near the end of marmaris on the main road so you can be in either the centre of marmaris or icemeler in a matter of minutes .
there is a supermarket opposite the hotel and a great restaurant next too the supermarket 'the Magic Garden ' .

The pool area is meticulously cleaned daily and the sunbeds around the pool and on the beach are free .
Airconditioning was included in the holiday price and a safety deposit box was £15 for 2 weeks ,,,,

We went with '********************* ' and should have been upgraded to halfboard for the first week but they only had us down for B and B , the hotel said telephone our travel company , but i could'nt be botherd to have a argument on holiday so we ate out most nights .
It was our 21st wedding anniversay while we were there and the hotel got my wife some flowers ,a bouquet of fruit in our room and a cake with candles on after our anniversary evening meal ,,,
This hotel is not that well known , don't know why .. we are going back next year and i personally would reccomend it to anyone ....

EDITED: To remove holiday company
andy robinson

Postby Lynn m » 24 Jun 2008 19:26

Hi Andy

Was it your 25th or 21st Wedding Anniverary :wink:

Glad you had a great holiday and thanks for sharing your experience

Hope you have some nice photos to post. It would make a change seeing Marmaris photos.

Lynn
Lynn m

Advertisement

Postby andy robinson » 25 Jun 2008 11:38

thanks lynn , it was our 25th , yes we do have some great photo's , i will post them when i learn how to , LOL
andy robinson

Postby LynnJenny » 27 Jun 2008 21:23

glad you had a lovely holiday we stayed in a lovely hotel in bodrum for anniversary we wen out to the beach when we came back we had a bottle of bubbly waiting in the room with flowers and a huge basket of fruit they are lovely people
LynnJenny

• Advertisement

Return to Marmaris - Turunc Holiday Forum