Feb/March in Marmaris

Click to enter the holiday forum for both Marmaris and Turunc.

Moderators: blondie, Rami Off Work

Feb/March in Marmaris

Postby Lapinagile » 01 May 2008 09:39

Went to Antalya for six weeks this year. Thinking about Marmaris for 2009 in Feb/March. Good Idea? Bad idea? How's the weather. Grateful for any tips about accommodation. Is there any open in winter? Any help much appreciated.
Lapinagile

Advertisement

Postby Kerry k » 03 May 2008 10:47

Hi, More and more open each winter in marmaris. Generally the marina is popular and bar street on a weekend. Several restaurants along the main road and the beach front are open. Faros fun pub opens along the beach front and puts on quiz nights etc. A lot of the bigger hotels are open. Hope this helps.
Kerry k

Postby *Becki* » 03 May 2008 21:39

I stayed in Marmaris for nearly 6 weeks from 11th Febuary-21st March.I was planning on being there for the summer but it didn't work out and had to unfortunatly come home :(
Regarding the weather we had some good days and some bad days.The good days you would always need a jacket and the bad days you would be in doors all day because it was raining,we even had a thunderstorm 1 day,i've got video's on my phone of that day!!
The bigger hotels like the A/I ones are usually open,a few places on the Marina are open,a lovely Chinese along the beach front was open when we was there and it has gorgeous food!
More and more places are staying open and you will always find something to do on a night time.Barstreet is open at weekends if you want a lively night.
I would deffinatly go again in the winter i loved it :D
*Becki*

Feb/March in Marmaris

Postby Lapinagile » 09 May 2008 08:30

Kerry K and Becki, thankyou for your help. There is clearly more going on than I had thought.
Lapinagile

• Advertisement

Return to Marmaris - Turunc Holiday Forum